Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)I no this has been posted before and is a common fault on the 407 of the lcd screen fadding, but after about 1 hour my main lcd screen and my trip meter screen both fade together. Anyone had the same problem or no a fix for it, my car is a 2005 model. Thanks

·
5,027 Posts
there is an apparent fix somewhere on here for it. it involves heating the ribbon and sticking it back down. dunno if anyone's successfully done it tho

J

·
0 Posts
The only 100% tried and tested fix...... buy a new one :D

There are new ones for sale at £130, which is a bit of a saving when Peugeot rrp is £198

·
Registered
821 Posts
what about installing some kind of metal bar to hold down the flat cable on pcb firmly, so it cant give. ill probably regret saying this, but i wish mine had this fault so i can try and repair it. :D

J

·
0 Posts
You can't buy the screen in the instrument cluster from Peugeot - only the complete dials, and at over £500, not worth it (I've asked as mine has got a line down it where the pixels don't work). The guy at Peugeot did recommend a company trading on the internet that can repair the dash and offer a warranty with it, but I can't remember the name right now :D

@Battlestar... if you want a duffer, I'm sure there is someone on here willing to swap :D

·
5,027 Posts
what about installing some kind of metal bar to hold down the flat cable on pcb firmly, so it cant give. ill probably regret saying this, but i wish mine had this fault so i can try and repair it. :D
whereabouts are you ??? i'll swap you if you want and you can try on mine :lol:

·
Registered
821 Posts
He has got a tow bar.... doesn't need sensors
hahah, nasty :D :lol:

trem, do you have pp, maybe you could try enabling the parking sensors display and see if that will work, i dont know how else to check for compatibility. supposedly it works with displays with sw higher than 21 or something like that. let me know, im willing to buy it off you if you are interested. :)

·
5,027 Posts
no sadly i dont have pp, keep thinking about it but i know i would mess things up by playing with things i dont understand :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts