Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have a gateway pro (after sale iPod/BT Audio unit). I have had lots of problems with this with regard to the phone options in that they will not activate within the car (the gateway is suppose to do this automatically). I originally created this thread about the issue but got no response. So I decided to post over on c4owners (same hardware) as I have seen more activity there. The full thread is here. I got responses from others with the same issue and eventually, a response from Dension themselves who basically said there is an in-compability between the LCD hardware since it has not been "programmed" to show the phone functions. The gateway itself only activates the phone functions in the head unit, but cannot do the same for the LCD.

So a question - does anyone know how to go about this? What software is needed? There are people on eBay offering programmed LCDs based on VIN numbers so it must be possible (although at £160 I'm looking for another option)

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No.

I only posted on c4owners as there was more information regarding the Dension device over there - I had no luck here.

But for the LCD reprogram they know nothing!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi there,

I have a gateway pro (after sale iPod/BT Audio unit). I have had lots of problems with this with regard to the phone options in that they will not activate within the car (the gateway is suppose to do this automatically). I originally created this thread about the issue but got no response. So I decided to post over on c4owners (same hardware) as I have seen more activity there. The full thread is here. I got responses from others with the same issue and eventually, a response from Dension themselves who basically said there is an in-compability between the LCD hardware since it has not been "programmed" to show the phone functions. The gateway itself only activates the phone functions in the head unit, but cannot do the same for the LCD.

So a question - does anyone know how to go about this? What software is needed? There are people on eBay offering programmed LCDs based on VIN numbers so it must be possible (although at £160 I'm looking for another option)

Thanks
Hi
Press "menu" on the headunit, some menu icons will show up on the display, if Bluetooth is not there, you will need to enable this in the LCD configuration ( Diagbox needed...)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Phone is not shown...

The Gateway Pro is suppose to be able to re-program the head unit itself. There is a dip switch that you activate when you first install that causes "Diagnostics session in progress" to flash up on the display.

But, on my car, and other cars, it doesnt work. Dension themselves quote a "hardware issue"

There KB posting on this is here

Speaking to Dension themselves they say that the "hardware issue" is the LCD. The GW PRO is re-programming the RD4 head unit, but cannot do the same with the LCD. I'm not sure how much truth there is in that though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the response. I haven't yet gone down the PP/Diagbox route because according to Dension, even when programmed with Diagbox it still does not work:

On certain Citroen systems (C4 and C4 Picasso mostly) the factory phone menu cannot be selected, even if the function is programmed using a factory programmer tool like Diagbox or Lexia 3. After thorough testing we found that this is due to a hardware limitation on the car side however there is no factual car option/setting to identify the vehicles where this would occur. With these vehicles the phone functions can only be accessed (initiating calls, terminating calls, phonebook browsing, etc.) from the phone interface (buttons or touch screen) however the handsfree is functional even with these systems.
There support guys quote are now quoting a "hardware limitation", what ever that means. Does anyone know if there are different types of the LCD panel that support different features?

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts