Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new version of the Peugeot 307 is now available with a 1.6-litre HDi 90 engine. The latest engine is a 16-valve Euro IV diesel unit that develops 90bhp and replaces the two-litre HDi of the same power.

The HDi 90 engine is a development of the HDi 110 using the same aluminium engine cylinder block, 16-valve cylinder head and the second-generation Common Rail injection system. Peugeot says that in comparison with the engine it replaces, the HDi 90 can accelerate quicker with higher engine speeds attained more efficiently. In the 307 Hatchback, for example, fuel consumption is 57.6mpg combined with CO2 emissions of 129g/km, 9g less thant the 2.0 HDi.

The 1.6-litre HDi 90 engine is available in three- and five-door Hatchback, Estate and SW versions, priced from ?13,300 to ?15,900.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone:
I just signed to the forum. I had a 306 for 5 years until I decided to sell it for a larger vehicle. I bought a '99 Chevrolet Blazer and have had it for almost 2 years. To keep a long story short, I live in the Dominican Republic and plant to sell the Blazer to buy a new 307 1.6 hdi. Love Pugs because they have a solid feel, look nice, have good stability and I fell in love with this 307 last week since I just decided to check it out. I did not even wanted to get back in my Blazer again.
I also got in the 407 and got disappointed, it has no head room nor leg room for a big 6' 3'' 260lb. guy like me (I dunno how much is that in meters or kg. since in Europe you guys use a different metric system)...the 307 has a large driverside room, even more than enough for me...
You guys are saying that this car can average 57.6MPG!!!!!!!!!! Damn, that's good...I only get 15mpg city/20 hwy!!!! If this is ok, I will start selling the Blazer as we speak...
The Blazer is an auto and the hdi Pug comes in standard 5-speed to the Dominican Republic...I don't mind at all...
What experiences have you had with the 307? Is it worth it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts