Peugeot Forums banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Will the my Peugeot app tell me if there's a software update available. At present it says none available.
Thanks
N

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi guys,

Just wanted to find out if it is okay to update my 3008 with the files from the links provided. When I check my car's VIN on the UK website it says no updates available but if you look a the below screenshots I can see the maps and firmware are way behind. It is tempting to do the update myself and at the same time a bit scared too. I have downloaded both latest firmware files and Oceania map version from the links.

Currently on these versions and I live in Australia but the Australian Peugeot website has no way to check for updates on my car and the UK website says nothing when the VIN was entered.

I have downloaded the v18 Oceania map and also the following firmware but just wanted to double check. I think from the reading on this thread I can see some owners have mentioned if you don't need to don't update the firmware but me just thinks there could be hidden bug fixes I am missing and I might and not yet encountered as I have only owned this car for couple of weeks now. 2018 build MY19 3008 GTLine. Beautiful car from any angle and so good to drive :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey guys just want to tell you I went ahead and did both the firmware and the maps to the latest on my car and it went all good. So glad I had to instructions from these threads and thank you to @rui.saraiva for providing the appropriate links as we in Australia don't have these on our Peugeot website.

Just a question to the Aussie Peugeot owners have you got the car being able to enter navigation addresses using the car's voice recognition? For me it says this is not available in this country.

EDIT - I just found out we are supposed to change the country from France to respective country in navigation settings. Found in another thread will give it a try.

Cheers!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Question about the voice navigation. I am still having issues when I try to say an address into navigation. It says this feature is not supported in this country. I tried looking at the keyboard settings and it is set to English.

Anyone else with the same problem? It would be so much nicer and easier instead of typing all the time.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Its not supported in the UK either.

It will navigate you home via voice activation once you store your home address in to the system.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Its not supported in the UK either.

It will navigate you home via voice activation once you store your home address in to the system.
That's sad then we have no chance in Australia. Don't understand why not as this has been a feature in cars for years and why Peugeot is struggling with it me wonder.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's sad then we have no chance in Australia. Don't understand why not as this has been a feature in cars for years and why Peugeot is struggling with it me wonder.
I'm in Sydney and have a 5008, Peugeot Australia said voice navigation did not work for the Oz map but after trying a few different things I have found a way-around way to activate that function. At least it worked after I upgraded my map to v.15 last year. Follow the steps below, no guarantee that this will work on the latest map version but it is worth trying:
1. change the map country from AU to NZ
2. hit the voice navigation button on your steering wheel and say "Naviate to xxx street(any street name)"
3. if it works, the screen will show a list of matching address/city names
4. if you get the address/city list from step 3, change the map country back to AU and voice navigation should work now

Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm in Sydney and have a 5008, Peugeot Australia said voice navigation did not work for the Oz map but after trying a few different things I have found a way-around way to activate that function. At least it worked after I upgraded my map to v.15 last year. Follow the steps below, no guarantee that this will work on the latest map version but it is worth trying:
1. change the map country from AU to NZ
2. hit the voice navigation button on your steering wheel and say "Naviate to xxx street(any street name)"
3. if it works, the screen will show a list of matching address/city names
4. if you get the address/city list from step 3, change the map country back to AU and voice navigation should work now

Good luck!
Thank you for providing these steps and that is awesome you got it working.

However I upgraded my maps to v18 so I am hoping this trick would work. Before the upgrade my car was sitting at v10 but I did not try voice navigation at that time too so never knew if it worked or not.

Let me give this a try when I go home tonight :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi @dwsteven ,

Gave your instructions a try and it worked mate thank you!

Just wanted to ask whenever you speak street names and suburbs it picks it up but however are you able to get the navigation pickup an actual house number? Or does it only pickup street name and suburb?

Cheers 🙂

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi @dwsteven ,

Gave your instructions a try and it worked mate thank you!

Just wanted to ask whenever you speak street names and suburbs it picks it up but however are you able to get the navigation pickup an actual house number? Or does it only pickup street name and suburb?

Cheers 🙂
That's good to hear. It was a pain everytime the map is updated, the same procedures have to be repeated.
I don't think the system is smart enough to recognise the house numbers, it only accepts street name and suburbs when using voice navigation.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

Can I update v18 map for this device?And also can I replace it with my RCC. What do you think, is it working?

SAVE_20201007_180301.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's good to hear. It was a pain everytime the map is updated, the same procedures have to be repeated.
I don't think the system is smart enough to recognise the house numbers, it only accepts street name and suburbs when using voice navigation.
I just watched a video of someone doing a demo of voice navigation in the UK. They demonstrated both street names and suburb and also did another one where they said house number and it worked. So I don't know if it only works if we say 'Navigate to address...' before saying the house number, street and suburb like they did on the video. Will try this when I get a chance next and see. It surely does do it but maybe it is a limitation to certain regions or maybe only works when we initiate using those exact words.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, that's a NAC Wave 2.
About replacing the RCC... That's not a plug&play thing, you need to telecode the new NAC for your car.
Sorry if I’m asking a stupid question, I am new to all things Peugeot, but what is NAC and RCC?

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can use any software to unpack the .tar update file, just be careful with WinZip though. It has a default option enabled (Smart CR/LF conversion), that converts the LF (Line Feed) used in UNIX systems to CR/LF (Carriage Return/Line Feed) used in DOS/Windows in ASCII text files. This change in text files will prevent the update to start, because it will fail in the CRC integrity checks.

Or just use 7-Zip that doesn't have that "smart" conversions...

Thanks a lot for your help ! Today I finally managed to do it to another pc with the official application of Peugeot and everything went ok

Finally the iPhone connects every time until now with apple car play integration when plugged in with the cable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

121 - 139 of 139 Posts