Peugeot Forums banner

101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Again and again i get an error message Media Error. The device is not recognised but can be charged!
I format as exfat (that is fat 32 option) at a brand new sandisk 64 gb flash drive and i only add the folder with the licence/licencekey. THe other forlder of rcc_update is made by the extraction of the file ! I do not know what i am making wrong....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Somewhere i read that i have to run the engine. I did so but now i get the message that This usb key is not suitable with my car. i formated again i extract directly to the drive and i will try again tomorrow since every time is needed 15 minutes....

·
Registered
880 Posts
exFAT and FAT32 are 2 different filesystems, it really need to be formatted in FAT32. The "no media" error just means the infotainment system can't find any media files (MP3, flac, etc) in the flash drive - and that's ok.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok i used a third party app in order to format it at fat 32 but i get the same message. USB key is not compatible with this car. What mast be the allocation unit size ? There is one folder of rcc_update and the updateinfo.xml file. What i am doing wrong ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Try a 16 gb usb. Sometimes there is a problem with larger usb memories. Do not forget to copy the license in separate folder.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Any USB stick bigger then 32 GB - Windows won't offer to format it to FAT 32 standard.
You have to use 3rd party software OR a command line in Windows to achieve it.

Also you must use the correct software to unpack the map or firmware download ( unless your using the automated Peugeot software download )

·
Registered
880 Posts
You can use any software to unpack the .tar update file, just be careful with WinZip though. It has a default option enabled (Smart CR/LF conversion), that converts the LF (Line Feed) used in UNIX systems to CR/LF (Carriage Return/Line Feed) used in DOS/Windows in ASCII text files. This change in text files will prevent the update to start, because it will fail in the CRC integrity checks.

Or just use 7-Zip that doesn't have that "smart" conversions...

·
Registered
4 Posts
How do I know which wave or nac, and which file I should install. Also, can I take license from what the application gives me?

·
Registered
880 Posts
My 3008 is from june 2020. For sure depends on the equipment mounted in the car.
No, the first 3008 version didn't have that option enabled, even in the full spec GT. Only in 2019 the first 3008 had that option enabled from factory.

It can be enabled through the OBD port, and that option was always in the owner's manual.
Probably a misconfiguration from factory.

Every 5008 has that, since late 2017 and in lower specs.

101 - 120 of 139 Posts