Peugeot Forums banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi

I had a similar issue to you. app etc told me no updates available but my maps were version 3 on my 3008 gt 2017 and firmware was an early one also, I took the plunge and updated my maps first to v18 and that went without a hitch so then I took the plunge and did the firmware update to the latest and it all worked fine for me. I completely understand the 'should/shouldn't i' with firmware as it is at your own risk... when the screen first went black on the firmware update i thought i had blown it but this was just part of the reset , it came back up with the correct screen, carried on updating and then i breathed a sigh of relief when it said it had finished and to remove the USB.. it then booted up fine and I have had no issues....

Cheers
Thank you for your update, how did you get the firmware updated without the license file? I've heard this is automatically generated if connected to the Internet.
And I guess as I don't have one on my USB stick I have held off updating.
But happy to hear your update works :)
I guess the real question is, did you see any difference? I understand updating from an earlier version to newer makes it faster to switch on and respond. Just the features pretty much stay the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for your update, how did you get the firmware updated without the license file? I've heard this is automatically generated if connected to the Internet.
And I guess as I don't have one on my USB stick I have held off updating.
But happy to hear your update works :)
I guess the real question is, did you see any difference? I understand updating from an earlier version to newer makes it faster to switch on and respond. Just the features pretty much stay the same.
To be honest i haven't noticed any difference as of yet. I only did it at the weekend and that was prompted because i realised that some roads i were on whilst away were not on the maps even though it had been done a few years :) , apparently i was driving through big green fields....(hence my seeing version 3, so yours was more upto date in that respect haha)..

I had no license file and according to the site i do have an active subscription (well at least until the 12th which apparently is when the 3 years ends that it came with, i am assuming i can renew again)... it is and was linked to my phone for mobile data/streaming etc so there is a chance that whilst it was updating (as i was sitting in the car nervously waiting for it to finish) that it checked with peugeot or maybe even through its own inbuilt sim/SOS but i cant be sure. If, like me, on the site you have an active subscription still and your phone is linked to your car then i would guess you would be in the same position i was before i did it.

Not sure if any of that helps though!

Cheers

TJ

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks!
The map doesn't need a license, the firmware (system software does)
So was wondering if you did the system software as well, how without the license file.
But at least i can do the map! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks!
The map doesn't need a license, the firmware (system software does)
So was wondering if you did the system software as well, how without the license file.
But at least i can do the map! :)
Hi

Like you I didn't have a license file, the only files present are the unzipped folder and the XML update file on the USB, once extracted. This was downloaded from Nate's google drive so it wouldn't have a license in either... if any checking was done then i didn't see it and can only assume if it did it had to be either something within the system (I.e flag/file) which exists already that it checks or that it uses either your phone (if linked) or the inbuilt SIM to query pegueot at the time.

Your situation seems identical to mine though, but go for the maps and if your having no issues with firmware then no need really to update... like i said, i havent found any difference as of yet and i cant see any type of change log which lets you know either.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
You won't see any differences in firmware versions, they're mostly bug fixes.
Always good to wait a few weeks & check out other owner reports on forums before installing a new firmware release.

If Peugeot release another buggy firmware & you install it then your stuck with it until they release a fix.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well yourll be pleased to hear that I have updated to map version 18 took forever but refused to move the USB until it asked me too and now my map is upto date :)
Firmware isn't, the only issue I am having is android auto isn't working. Something about video not being able to run correctly. But think that's a AA issue.
And phone Bluetooth keeps disconnecting. But that could be my phone not compatible with the car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all, forgive my noobness. I have a 2017 GT Line 3008 with 21.04.62.54_NAC-r0 System and 3.0.1-r0 Maps. I'm in the UK. The Updater software tells me there are no updates for me. Surely, that can't be the case. Am I OK to download 21-08-25-12_NAC-r0_NAC_EUR_WAVE2.tar and OEM/PSA/MAP/PSA_map-eur_17.0.0-r0-NAC_EUR_WAVE2.tar? Are these the latest versions? If not, link please! Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maps is version 18
I installed this the other day and works perfectly. So you are safe to update. You can download the link for the maps from this forum.
Firmware, the answer is unless you have a issue don't touch.
I have a 2017 gt line that was never updated. Maps works perfectly.
I did update the firmware and that seems to be ok. But honestly I can absolutely see no difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Maps is version 18
I installed this the other day and works perfectly. So you are safe to update. You can download the link for the maps from this forum.
Firmware, the answer is unless you have a issue don't touch.
I have a 2017 gt line that was never updated. Maps works perfectly.
I did update the firmware and that seems to be ok. But honestly I can absolutely see no difference.
Thanks for your speedy reply.
I do like to have the latest firmware. Peugeot updated it for some reason!
Why does Peugeot not let us automatically update?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think because of the high risk of damage.
Believe me I too love to have latest version. Ive gone from Jan 2017 to Oct 2019. Feel better it's newer but honestly don't know anything has happened.
So the best advice and this is from experience. Maps only unless you have a problem. Eg Bluetooth connection to phone not working.
It'll save potential headaches if anything goes wrong

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Thanks for your speedy reply.
I do like to have the latest firmware. Peugeot updated it for some reason!
Why does Peugeot not let us automatically update?

Always a good idea to wait a few weeks before updating firmware - you never know Peugeot might release another dodgy buggy version again & you would be stuck with it until they released a fixed version.

Firmware cannot be rolled back.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Do any of these updates magically enable Android Auto via bluetooth as opposed to a plugged USB cable on a 2017 3008?
NO.
Already discussed many times, this will never happen. The hardware does not support it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Updater software tells me there are no updates for me. Surely, that can't be the case.
The Peugeot Update app never shows updates available in my experience. Even when I was stll on map v.15 a couple of months ago it showed no update available although the latest available was v17, obtained via this forum. It still shows no updates available.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The latest version of Infotainment firmware is available from Peugeot UK website.

Version is "PSA_ovip-int-firmware-version_21-08-24-12_NAC-r1_NAC_EUR_WAVE2".

I have just downloaded the firmware and License, hope to install it tomorrow.
How is this the latest when I have 21-08-25 installed ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello ! i was using android auto without any problems. I changed me phone to an iphone X and cannot enable apple car play. I decided to update the frimware but again i cannot do it ! I use a usb flash i have two folrers one rcc_update with all the files inside and another folder licence with licence key inside !
I always get a message from the car display that the media is not recognised ant only can be charged.
Do you have any ideas ? even for the apple car play or the update ?

81 - 100 of 103 Posts