Peugeot Forums banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Timbo, can you share the actual link you used? Thanks
Hi @Klatu — I used the Peugeot Update app on my computer, inserted my VIN...and it gave me the download! However, I read elsewhere that the Peugeot servers are/have been down for a week or so, which might explain if you’re having issues (I haven’t checked recently)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think it’s both Windows and MacOS
I use Mac. I think I obtained it via Peugeot uk site

·
Registered
50 Posts
Please come back with a link if you find it. Last updated the maps / infotainment on mine through this link Map Updates | Service Plans, Warranty & Assistance | Peugeot UK which gave me some files to put on a USB stick which generally worked fine.

The My Peugeot app under 'vehicle' has new (to me) tab 'connected services' (2018 model) and within there two options for nav and screen but no update shown.

The pug UK website mentions the Peugeot service store on PEUGEOT and shows I have an active service but can't see any way to check for updates.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ah...no, not the MyPeugeot mobile app — but the web-based update app for a PC/Mac

·
Registered
123 Posts
The issue now is that I can’t send you a link (or even the USB I used) because mine is linked to my VIN

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Rui

Hoping you can help here :) , updated my maps no problems to v18 but my system version is on 21.07.16.32_NAC-r0 ... i can see at least one link on here for the 28_05_12 which seems to be the latest but am unsure whether this is correct for my 2017 3008GT as i read you mentioned submodels, with DAB/FOCAL etc... am i ok to install this and will it just select the options it has or are there specific versions that you need to install to make sure you dont lose options or cause issues?

Like others on here the peugeot website states i had no updates to maps/firmware and so did the EXE.. yet my original mapping state 3.0.1-ro which going to v18 which i did seems a massive leap?

Thanks in advance of your help!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
You can't install a wrong firmware version in any case, it won't let you do it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hi Rui

Hoping you can help here :) , updated my maps no problems to v18 but my system version is on 21.07.16.32_NAC-r0 ... i can see at least one link on here for the 28_05_12 which seems to be the latest but am unsure whether this is correct for my 2017 3008GT as i read you mentioned submodels, with DAB/FOCAL etc... am i ok to install this and will it just select the options it has or are there specific versions that you need to install to make sure you dont lose options or cause issues?

Like others on here the peugeot website states i had no updates to maps/firmware and so did the EXE.. yet my original mapping state 3.0.1-ro which going to v18 which i did seems a massive leap?

Thanks in advance of your help!
The latest firmware version for NAC Wave 2 is 21.08.25.12:
It doesn't matter what options/equipment you have installed on your car, as long as you always update with the Wave 2 version (the update fails if you try any other Wave level anyway). The official firmware and map file name for that system always ends in "NAC_EUR_WAVE2.tar" and generally speaking, the first number of the firmware version is the Wave level. There are some exceptions to this "rule":
  • The first firmware versions for the NAC Wave 2 were 5.xx.xx.xx;
  • The NAC Wave 3 (used firmware 31.xx.xx.xx) now also use the firmware for NAC Wave 4, 41.xx.xx.xx;
  • The NAC AIO (All-In-One), used in Latin America, has firmware 6x.xx.xx.xx.
The official latest version checker (whatever it is the Peugeot site with VIN, the MyPeugeot App or the Peugeot Update software - they all use the same internal method) have some issues and never really worked as expected.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've never done a firmware update for my system in the 3 years that I've had the car. Am I missing something? Have they improved the usablity of the screen and modules?

·
Registered
849 Posts
I've never done a firmware update for my system in the 3 years that I've had the car. Am I missing something? Have they improved the usablity of the screen and modules?
Unless you have the old 5.x.x.x version, not really. That 5.x to 21.x update added the Android Auto and the DST (Daylight saving time) support. Since then only bug fixes (mostly problems about the connection smartphone-car and orthography) and minor "improvements" such as font sizes, different speedcam warning sound, etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi there,
So my 3008 GT line 2017, I don't think has ever been updated. (I checked, it hasn't)
Website, app etc tell me no update available. (my map is version 4!)
I've downloaded the latest firmware and map from your links here, really useful thank you! But I don't have a license.
Tom tom is enabled on my map, the services /subscriptions are active. And the car will connect to my phones hot-spot.
I haven't tried yet, thought I'd ask first. Do I need the license? Will the software not install because there is no licence? Or will the car, as someone suggested, recover the license automatically via the hot-spot? And I can upgrade the firmware? From January 2017 to the latest version?
And finally, I can update map only without updating firmware? Or is firmware a must?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Yes, you can update the map without updating the firmware and no licence is required for that. It is not recommended that you update the firmware unless you are having problems with the infotainment system as it is possible you might end up with a bricked system if the firmware update goes wrong. No such problems with the maps though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there,
So my 3008 GT line 2017, I don't think has ever been updated. (I checked, it hasn't)
Website, app etc tell me no update available. (my map is version 4!)
I've downloaded the latest firmware and map from your links here, really useful thank you! But I don't have a license.
Tom tom is enabled on my map, the services /subscriptions are active. And the car will connect to my phones hot-spot.
I haven't tried yet, thought I'd ask first. Do I need the license? Will the software not install because there is no licence? Or will the car, as someone suggested, recover the license automatically via the hot-spot? And I can upgrade the firmware? From January 2017 to the latest version?
And finally, I can update map only without updating firmware? Or is firmware a must?
Hi

I had a similar issue to you. app etc told me no updates available but my maps were version 3 on my 3008 gt 2017 and firmware was an early one also, I took the plunge and updated my maps first to v18 and that went without a hitch so then I took the plunge and did the firmware update to the latest and it all worked fine for me. I completely understand the 'should/shouldn't i' with firmware as it is at your own risk... when the screen first went black on the firmware update i thought i had blown it but this was just part of the reset , it came back up with the correct screen, carried on updating and then i breathed a sigh of relief when it said it had finished and to remove the USB.. it then booted up fine and I have had no issues....

Cheers

61 - 80 of 103 Posts