Peugeot Forums banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
How do I find the URL to download? I used to be able just to click on the link, now it downloads a small .exe file and when that is run it tells me I need a 64 bit computer.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
How do I find the URL to download? I used to be able just to click on the link, now it downloads a small .exe file and when that is run it tells me I need a 64 bit computer.
Since Win 7 was the last Windows OS with a 32bit version, and it is officialy no longer supported from Microsoft 64bit only apps will be more and more common, a upgrade to a modern 64bit OS is the only solution to your problems.

Edit: my mistake, Win 8 was also available as 32bit.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I'm running Windows 10 Professional 32-bit, it was upgraded from Windows 7 32-bit.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I've all the previous firmware and map updates stored, including the official URL. Every time a new version is released, I usually post the official URL to download.

The map updates have this URL format:
download.tomtom.com/OEM/PSA/MAP/PSA_map-eur_VERSION-NAC_EUR_WAVE2.tar

The latest map VERSION is "16.0.0-r0".

And the firmware have this URL format:
majestic-web.mpsa.com/nas/eu/mjb00/NAC_EU/ovip-int-firmware-version/PSA_ovip-int-firmware-version_VERSION_NAC_EUR_WAVE2.tar

The latest firmware VERSION is "21-08-25-12_NAC-r0".

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Thank you rui, I'm up to V16 for the maps so I'll look out for the next update in your posts. Best wishes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The Peugeot Update app for NAC, which is downloadable by entering your VIN at PEUGEOT Navigation Map Updates | Peugeot UK really simplifies these updates -- especially for OSx users (IMO) because it automatically produces a 'clean' USB flash drive. Just my experience so far.

That said, I've had previous experience with similar apps from BMW and Renault...and the problem is that the car maker rarely seems to be capable of keeping up with operating system updates, so I'll hold my judgement with Peugeot. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Thank you rui, I'm up to V16 for the maps so I'll look out for the next update in your posts. Best wishes.
I dug out a netbook from my treasures which was running Windows 10 32-bit and when I checked it has a 64-bit CPU, so I've now installed the 64-bit version of Windows 10 on it. It activated automatically using the original product key. I can now use it to update my maps and firmware.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello everyone, short question
does head unit fw includes maps or it should be installed seperatly?
@rui.saraiva above link to The latest map VERSION is "16.0.0-r0" does not working any more

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
The firmware is a completely separate download to the maps.

Both have to be installed separately.

Also version 17 is the latest European maps.

·
Registered
849 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
@Mr Lee and @rui.saraiva thanks
should i put tar archive to the root flash or do i need to extract everything at the same location?
do i need to upgrade unit FW before upgrading new maps file?
64 gb flash formated as fat32

·
Registered
849 Posts
You need to extract the .tar file, and that file itself doesn't need to be stored on the flash drive. In fact, you can't have the map update .tar file (~10 GB) in that flash drive, that should be FAT32 formated - the maximum file size limit in that filesystem is 4GB.

You can extract both firmware and map updates to the same flash drive, but I won't advise it, specially if you never updated the system before. Try updating the map first.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'll wait a few weeks first to see if any bug reports appear before I install it.
Hi, and thanks all for your very helpful contributions. I am located in Australia and i would like to know if the firmware versions are in fact all the same no mater what region you are in.
I accept that maps naturally need to be specific for regions but I am not sure if this is also required for the system firmware. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
849 Posts
The firmware doesn't depend on the region (well, sort of - there is specific firmware for Latin America and China, all others use the European version, including Australia), but there are many hardware versions, with a specific firmware each.
For the 3008 II (2017+), assuming it has integrated sat nav, there are only 2 possible hardware versions:
  • NAC Wave 4 in the 3008 HYbrid and HYbrid4;
  • NAC Wave 2 in all the others.
So the firmware (and the maps, for that matter) filename for your car must end in "NAC_EUR_WAVE2". The map for your region must have a "map-oce" in the name, but also ends in "NAC_EUR_WAVE2", the system name.
You can't install a "wrong" firmware anyway...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi, and thanks all for your very helpful contributions. I am located in Australia and i would like to know if the firmware versions are in fact all the same no mater what region you are in.
I accept that maps naturally need to be specific for regions but I am not sure if this is also required for the system firmware. Thanks in advance.
Also in Australia and can advise I’ve installed this firmware update in my 2018 308 GTi 270

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Rui, thanks for clarifying and apologies for the slooow reply. Been busy with a number of weird events involving viruses lately:)
The file naming seems straight forward enough, I'll give this a go.
We get models a bit late here in Aus so how can I confirm my actual version - I do have integrated sat nav.

Cheers

41 - 60 of 103 Posts