Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking a trip to Chile and Argentina and am planning to buy a small van to get around and live in. I've been looking at Partners since they seem to offer enough space while still being economical to run. One of my concerns is the relatively low ground clearance and small city oriented tires since many of the roads, especially further south, are unpaved and can be a quite rough. I was wondering how feasible it would be to fit all terrain tires? I've had good experiences with General Grabber AT2 tires but the smallest size they come in for 15" wheels is 205/75/15 (27.1" overall diameter). I think the largest stock tires that come fitted are 215/55/16 which is 25.3" overall. Anyone have any experience fitting larger tires?

·
Registered
147 Posts
as long as the bigger tyres don't foul the wheel arches and you can put up with the higher gearing that will be a consequence of this. Higher gearing will mean poorer acceleration and also make your speedometer read low. the bigger tyres could also mean more strain on the drivetrain. Other alternative would be increase the ride height with different springs if they were available.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts