Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

For about a month or so ive been experiencing juddering from my 407 2.0 hid when maintaining a constant speed. It was fine when accelerating. I thought it was my Air Mass sensor so i unplugged it to see. It ran fine for a few hours then the engine management light came on and i lost all my power.

I plugged the mass sensor back in but still no power or turbo. Takes ages to build speed up to a max of 30mph. I drove it to a friend who has a diagnostic machine and it came up with the following codes P2408 and P1118.

My friend suggested getting the fluid topped up that helps clean your DPF he said the tank is empty. Half the way back home there was a large pop and now there is a large hissing noise coming from my engine. I have checked all pipes and all look to be ok i just cant find exactly where the noise is coming from. Any ideas.

C

·
0 Posts
The juddering could be down to the egr valve.

But looking at the code P2408 you've a failed fuel cap sensor so it won't be regening. Topping up fluid without sorting this is pointless.

P1118 is manifold absolute temp sensor circuit low input.

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi CABB,

Thanks for the reply. I have removed and cleaned the EGR and looks to be working ok now. My main worry now is the large hissing noise or air noise coming from the engine. If i remove my erg the noise stops. Cant tell exactly where its coming from but sounds toward the back of my engine below the egr.

C

·
0 Posts
Just because egr looks to be working doesn't mean it won't cause issues.

If the dpf is blocked due to failed fuel cap sensor or lost magnets it could have built up enough pressure to blow something.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Found the burst pipe. No ideas what it is for. I think its coming from the exhaust and it runs up the back of the engine and got to something just under my windscreen. Ive sourced some new pipe and will try to fit later (if i can reach it) If it pops again then i think the DPF is definitely blocked.

Any ides what its for? Its the back box with the back/green electric wire coming from it. Just in front of the silver foil.

There is 2 rubber pipes coming from that back. One of witch is split. It goes down the back of the engine and leads to another pipe. That is where the noise is coming from. There is hot air spurting from it and its quit how. Also has fumes smell from it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The two small approx 10mm diameter rubber pipes are the ones that comes from the DPF. One in front and one behind it to measure differential pressure. Entering the differential pressure sensor seen in your picture.

PS.. I suppose you did remove the crank-case ventilation pipe yourself as it is missing in the picture....? Going from the left of the camcover to the black plastic outlet on the airpipe coming from the turbo?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes i removed it to try find out where the hissing was coming from. Ive managed to get my arm down to where the pipe split and it feels like the plastic connector the pipe goes to has exploded off. Im thinking of just having my DPF removed as i think its blocked hence loss of power. Can i have the DPF removed by an exhaust place without a remap to same money.

·
Registered
464 Posts
DPF removal is a two stage process - the physical removal part which your exhaust place should be able to handle, and car programming. The car has to be told there's no longer a DPF or it'll constantly throw up faults...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you know anyone in Doncaster area that does removal and remap. Ive been quoted £300 but the guy is in Huddersfield.

C

·
0 Posts
You need it fault free first then consider removal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the only faults are the hissing that is coming from the burst pressure pipe. This can be replaced when im having the DPF removed. Then its just the loss of power. Im assuming the caused due to my blocked DPF.

Ive just about took the exhaust off today so was hoping to get it to a garage to have the DPF removed then i can drive it to someone to get it remapped.

C

·
0 Posts
Fault free = no p codes

If the bloke who maps it's has the surname Booth run away I've heard a few horror stories about him and he operates Sheff, Roth and Donny area.

C

·
0 Posts
Yes

But I think what CAB is trying to say is If you get your car Remapped / Dpf Deleted and there is an underlying fault then you will end up in a whole world of pain as your car will probably have a hissy fit and throw in the towel and refuse to start / run like a bag of spanners etc etc. Get a full Planet Diagnostics done rectify why your DPF has blocked and repair any faults that have thrown up error codes then go and get the DPF removed & Mapped out then you will be a very happy little monkey or Lion as the Pug Logo is :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I basically have to pay to fix the problems with me DPF to clear all the codes then pay to have it removed and remapped? That's seams alittle pointless. If I fix the problem I don't mind keeping the DPF on.

Some mechanic near me said he can remove the DPF and delete the function/code from my ECU. So basically no remap but a lot cheaper option (£230). He said he's down loads and never had a problem. Have u ever heard of this?

·
Registered
741 Posts
So I basically have to pay to fix the problems with me DPF to clear all the codes then pay to have it removed and remapped? That's seams alittle pointless. If I fix the problem I don't mind keeping the DPF on.
Then keep it on.

You have problems - they're causing issues with the DPF. If you remove the DPF, you'll still have those problems.
Replacing the fuel cap and/or sensor will cost you less than removing the DPF properly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts