Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Im currently looking to purchase a interface so I can connect to my 206. From what I have read, diagbox can be system hungry and can run slow on certain laptops, but have been told different things from different eBay sellers.
I have a old toshiba tecra a3x laptop with xp pro 32bit, Intel celeron M 1.5ghz, 2gb ram. Will this be powerful enough for diagbox or will it be too slow. Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cheers pal. Looks like pp2000 instead then. I do have a copy of pp2000, i take it this should work with all the interfaces knocking around on ebay as some dont supply pp2000.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I have a 200 year old Dell Latitude something. It runs the software fine. 2nd hand for about £20 with a carry case, charging bits a few years back. Just needed windows re installing and the CPU reseating and the heatsink blowing out.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I have an 11 year old HP Compaq NC 6000 with 2 Ghz Intel Pentium M chip & 2GB ram ( I pimped it up to the motherboards max ) with a 32 bit version of Windows 7.

Peugeot Planet / Diagbox 7.57 works fine on it - it does take a little while to start up either program but once running its perfectly usable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use also an old laptop, but replace the disk for a SSD disk, not so expensive, give an amazing performance boost!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
My laptop is so old an SSD is out the question :lol:

In fact I had to partition the 250GB IDE hard drive first to get it to work as the laptop wouldn't even recognize the full size of the drive.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Yes, use VMWare Player (free). Timesave tip: If you suspend, rather than closing, with Planet running, it restarts in seconds and Planet is still running!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts