Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're fully aware of the small button to turn it off (Located by the knee on the right of the steering wheel) but is there something we're missing?

On the 3008 (2017) you could disable it in the car settings but on the new 2008 there doesn't seem to be anyway to disable it...

Maybe there's a sneaky "Press and Hold" or a set of settings somewhere unknown.
It just seems like steps backwards when it comes to user functionality and quality of life because honestly it's awful...

Maybe someone here knows something I don't, any ideas?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry to have to tell you.... even if you find a setting to disable it, it's a bit like the stop start system.... when you switch off and restart the engine the default is.... both systems will start again!! I'm lead to believe all new cars have to have both of the above!

Reactions: Mr Lee

·
Registered
8 Posts
In that case - the strength of assist needs turning down. I have no issue with departure warning - vibrate or chime etc but a (near) violent yank on the wheel is not acceptable.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
The reason safety system's like lane assist & automatic emergency braking are violent are to disused the driver from always relying on the system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think I understand the intent but I see it as misguided. I see it as dangerous. We can agree to disagree, I came looking for solutions and it appears there isn't one yet. Will register my concerns and consider selling the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts