Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys!

Here is my story: After 2 days I started the car and it started fine but my left lamp was really pale. I was like okay I need to drive like 5 kilometers, it's going to be okay.
I arrived at the destination and when I stopped I noticed my lamp was back with full brightness and accidentally I pushed the gas pedal and noticed that my lamps get brighter if I push the gas pedal(no matter if I am in gear or in neutral). But not only the lamps in the front but for example, the little "reading" lamp in the car is also brighter when I push the gas pedal. And all of them pales back when I release it.
The other thing I noticed on the way back home is that my left blinker(the same side where the lamp was pale at the start) is flashing too quickly (which means the bulb is not okay). But after a few minutes of driving it went back to normal.

EDIT: I don't know if it changes anything but it was raining for a week here everyday but not the whole day just here and there

Any idea? Generator? Battery? Maybe I have to change the whole left lamp housing? Have no idea

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi,
you need to have your alternator checked out and the battery at the same time.Alternator should read approx 14.4v on tick over.The battery should read 12v or more with engine switched off.
Also i would check all of your electrical connectors where possible ,make sure they are clean.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts