Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.
I have just purchased a 2008 407 coupe 2.0D
it has laminated front window, but on the passenger side, a white 'misting' is showing. Is it possible to remove this, it seems to be in the middle of the glass, or can it be easily replaced, either by another similar glass, or standard glass.

Any help/advice would be appreciated

Thanks Peter

·
6,247 Posts
Sounds like moisture has got into the laminate between the glass replacement of glass is only option

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Nearly ALL windscreens are laminated it is standard practice nowadays and water getting in does cause this a replacement screen is only fix but be prepared for a hefty price as coupes use different screen to standard 407

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. Any idea if it is possible/easy to fit new glass? i can have sourced a replacement from a breaker's yard

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Its not a fun job fitting a screen as they are bonded into the body i have done a couple over the years but its not a fun job its 1 of these things best left to the experts they can do it quicker and with less mess.

·
5,067 Posts
Is it windscreen or door glass ??

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
5,067 Posts
Should be easy enough to change glass, cost is going your problem, they're expensive and its quite a common problem so finding a used one may prove difficult.

Just read thread again and you say you've found one,make sure it doesn't have same fault

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts