Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 (multiplexed) 206 auto 1.4 8 valve

Hi Guys,
I'm having a persistent lambda sensor problem, started two months ago with the engine light on, planet said it was the upstream lambda sensor, checked it and the heater part of the sensor was open so replaced it. Ok for six weeks then an occasional misfire on idle and an occasional momentary loss of power (engine light not on). Planet said it was an intermittent upstream lambda sensor (short to +), since this was a new part I cleaned the connector carefully and refitted it but made no difference. Measured the heater resistance (across the two white wires) which was 11.3 ohms, also did the same with the downstream sensor which was 5.2 ohms. Ordered both sensors which seemed to be a comprehensive solution. New sensors arrived, they both have a heater resistance of 4.8 ohms, aside from the cable length etc they both seem to be identical and have the same production code stamped into them. There is mention on the internet that these sensors have quite different characteristics and different heater resistance. Can anyone shed any light? I would be especially interested in knowing the correct heater resistance of both sensors.
Bill

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This problem is now fixed.
After changing the upstream lambda sensor twice I was getting nowhere.
The original failed part was NTK 9636968780 eventually I sourced this exact same part and it works perfectly!
Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts