Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I seem to have another problem with the 307 i just bought!
Im hoping this is nothing major, but it is highly frustrating at the moment.

Basically the car just seems to have no power! The guy I bought it from had just had the Mass Air Flow Meter replaced which i've been told if broken can effect the performance, but as this is a new part I cant see it being that.

Has anyone got any suggestions on what it could be, should I just take it to the local peugeot dealer and get them to run diagnostics on it?

Cheers guys

·
Registered
101 Posts
dreaper86 said:
Hey guys,

I seem to have another problem with the 307 i just bought!
Im hoping this is nothing major, but it is highly frustrating at the moment.

Basically the car just seems to have no power! The guy I bought it from had just had the Mass Air Flow Meter replaced which i've been told if broken can effect the performance, but as this is a new part I cant see it being that.

Has anyone got any suggestions on what it could be, should I just take it to the local peugeot dealer and get them to run diagnostics on it?

Cheers guys
Is the turbo spooling? Have you checked air+fuel filter? Any codes read? Does it happen in a specific gear like 1st and then get a burst of power? AFAIK you can unplug the MAF sensor and run without it on and it will put a default value to your ecu to test it.

One more thing if you boot it will it rev past 3.5k ish?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dreaper86 said:
Is the turbo spooling? Have you checked air+fuel filter? Any codes read? Does it happen in a specific gear like 1st and then get a burst of power? AFAIK you can unplug the MAF sensor and run without it on and it will put a default value to your ecu to test it.

One more thing if you boot it will it rev past 3.5k ish?
There seems to be no turbo noise at all also there are no warning lights at all.

It has lack of power in all gears, but every now and then mainly in second gear i will get some power all of a sudden but it is short lived!

As for revs, Im pretty sure it will rev past 3.5k in idle, i will check this in couple of hours and post back.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I just rang the trader who sold us the car, explained the problem and he says he offers no warranty on the car and that he sold it too us in working condition.

Now i know for a fact that he knew there was a problem before he sold it us and says he had it fixed by replacing the airflow part. But still there is a problem.

Anyone know where I stand legally with this? He only gave us a receipt for payment, nothing else, but I swear if he is selling as a trader he has to offer a 30 day warranty??

·
Registered
101 Posts
If he is a private seller you dont really have a leg to stand on, but if he is a trade seller then there is a statuary 30 day warrenty as he sold you a working car. (as far as I know).

To me it sounds like you may have a screwed turbo with the intermittent power(just a guess).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well its booked in for a diagnostics test monday morning, hopefully it comes back with some not so bad news.

Could it be a minor problem such as a blockage or leaking pipe?

·
Registered
101 Posts
dreaper86 said:
Well its booked in for a diagnostics test monday morning, hopefully it comes back with some not so bad news.

Could it be a minor problem such as a blockage or leaking pipe?
I had a small leak on my 306 and when I was boosting you could hear it, it was like letting a tyre down.

With my 307 I can hear when the turbo kicks in (bout 1.5k) and if I boot it then release the throttle you can hear a distinctive hiss as the wastegate gets rid of the extra boost.

If yours is like mine (1.6 hdi) on the front of the engine if I rev the car you can see the wastegate working.

I imagine when you have had the diags read it should give a clearer picture of faults.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts