Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long(ish) post....

I've been having issues with a lack of power with my 2.0 hdi 110, especially when in the lower gears (so much so that I was out done by a Yaris....), and this was coupled with the engine management light showing and the anti pollution message on the screen. I had the ecu read and diagnosed yesterday, and I was left with the following intermittent faults;

Accelerator pedal signal 1. Signal short circuited to positive or open circuit.

Fuel high pressure monitoring. Lack of pressure (leak)

Accelerator pedal signal 2. Signal short circuited to positive or open circuit.

Differential exhaust pressure signal. Coherence of the differential pressure when..... (the rest of the error was missed off)

Particle filter. Clogged particle filter.

EGR air circuit fault. Air flow measured less than recommended.

(The accelerator pedal errors were logged when the car is idle).

These faults were reset and the car was a little more responsive and had a little more pull in the lower gears.

Today, I wanted to beast it down the motorway to try and regen the dpf, and the engine management light came back up, and the car felt a little sluggish again.

I took the car out on the motorway anyway to see how it ran. The lack of power is shocking, and it is most evident going uphill. The car hates hills. I was on the M606 approaching Bradford from the M62 and there's very slight incline for about 1/2 of the length of the road (the 606 is only about 4 miles). After building up speed to 70mph (using a lot of revs in the process), I hit the incline at 70mph in 5th gear, and the revs and speed gradually started dropping down to 50mph. I dropped to 4th, and the revs stayed flat, and the speed was more or less flat. So I then dropped into 3rd, and it picked up again, revs climbed to about 3,800 and the turbo kicked in. Moved back up to fourth and it was steady from there.

There's definitely an issue with the power output of the engine. My old 1.2 petrol Punto could have beasted me today. The turbo only ever kicks in between 3,800 - 4,200 rpm. To me, this seems too high - especially when the 1.6 SW we have at work is nearer 2,000 - 2,500rpm for the turbo.

Does anybody have any insight on the above ECU error messages which may be to blame for the severe lack of power?

Would the engine management light come on the day after having the faults reset due to the ecu registering the old faults as not being physically remedied?

With regards to the turbo, could the exhaust pressure signal be the cause of the ecu error and turbo failure (if the exhaust isn't actuating the turbo correctly)?

I'm concerned at the high pressure fuel signal - I'm not getting the power through the car, but consumption is as expected, although there aren't any visible signs of leakage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
do you have peugeot planet?

you can test the pedal and it tells you how open it is etc

have you checked things like the air filter, disconnected the maf sensor

only one way to find out if the dpf is blocked is to take it apart

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have planet, but I'm beginning to think that it could be worthwhile investing!

I'm guessing the accelerator pedal errors could be tied in with the high fuel pressure sensor error, and if the fuel is only trickling through then the car wouldn't have any kick.

I'll rule out the basics with things like the filter and intake manifolds etc.

If i disconnect the MAF sensor, would that flag up as a fault with the ECU and keep the car in limp mode?

I'm planning on getting the ECU remapped, but I could do with a short term fix.

·
5,633 Posts
I would ignore throttle pedal fault for now and concentrate on more major faults. I would look at your DPF first.

Symptoms to me are consistent with a blocked DPF this is causing major back pressure and stalling the turbo.

If DPF is blocked I would look at removal and deleting it.

If you have access to a Galletto or similar tool and can download and send your file I can remove DPF and send you file back for you to write to ECU

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would ignore throttle pedal fault for now and concentrate on more major faults. I would look at your DPF first.

Symptoms to me are consistent with a blocked DPF this is causing major back pressure and stalling the turbo.

If DPF is blocked I would look at removal and deleting it.

If you have access to a Galletto or similar tool and can download and send your file I can remove DPF and send you file back for you to write to ECU
Cheers, I'm looking into having the ECU remapped - so DPF deletion is definitely on the cards.

I checked the airways in the car, specifically the air mass sensor and ducting between the intercooler and intake manifold. I found that the sensor assembly was clogged with dirt and oil, and the intake manifold was saturated with oil. Is this normal?

Is a complete removal of the DPF best or can I make do with drilling a hole or two into the filter housing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts