Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
good morning, I am experiencing an intermittent lack of power fault on my 08 Peugeot 207 gt thp150. I have already replaced the timing chain as I had the dreaded stretch and car was driving well. now all of a sudden I have this new problem. no faults are displayed but the car just doesn't accelerate as it should, crawling to 30mph with foot to floor.
ive also had the car carbon cleaned.

has anybody had similar issues and can anyone advise what this could be. I have read a bit online and ordered a replacement map sensor which I will fit myself but as im looking online I am now thinking an ECU update could resolve this issue.

any ideas?

help will be most appreciated

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
regarding the timing chain, did u do it yourself or get a dealership to sort?

carbon clean, what process was used?

tbh from what your saying, I cant see a MAP sensor being an issue unless there is codes there that would appear on Peugeot diagnostics and an ecu update unless car is brand new like say a 2008 SUV wont have any effect.

·
Registered
186 Posts
As said, what carbon clean was done?
The only effective method is a walnut blast as everything else does not touch the carbon behind the valves.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Vacuum pipes on boost solenoid can fall off boost solenoid can be faulty i also doubt the map sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts