Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
We have a 2007 307S, 1600cc. For about a month, we have been seeing 'depollution system' (or something with similar wording) errors when we fire her up. These aren't there all the time - maybe about once every two weeks. Usually, this is solved by switching the engine off and waiting for a minute or so.

On Sunday evening, however, we were coming home from the shops when the car lost all power. We were coming along an A road and couldn't go above 30 mph. The engine would not rev above 2,500 - 3,000 RPM.

We pulled off and got the AA out, and they towed us home.

So, the question is: how much is whatever is wrong, going to cost us to repair?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
The car has gone into limp mode and should be drivable as mine is in limp and I can still manage 70 in top gear. As long as you change up a bit early in the lower gears you would not know there is a fault. Saying that the car needs reading with preferably the pp2000 system and obviously fixed. That message is a generic term for "there's something wrong with your engine"

·
Registered
92 Posts
I agree, sounds like limp home mode. Be glad it doesn't limit your speed like Hondas do, I managed to get the car into limp home mode in the Honda on the M26 and was suddenly limited to 40MPH while in the fast lane attempting to overtake a lorry.

Anyhow, limp home mode is activated due to some form of error, a garage or knowledgeable person with the diagnostics software/cable will be able to clear the error which will get the car working as normal again but of course that will be removing the symptom instead of the cause.

Reading the trouble codes with the diagnostics software should show roughly what put it in limp home mode. Otherwise, how long ago was it serviced? If it's a Diesel their fuel filters have a drain plug on the bottom to drain any accumulated water, if it needs draining it may well have sent some water and diesel to the injectors which would have registered as something wrong; similarly if the filter is past it's best it may be clogged and unable to provide fuel at the required rate which will also cause an error.

That said though, the fuel filter is one of many things that can put the car in limp home mode.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts