Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have knocking on my 2010 expert. i had drop links done and while on the ramps had track rod ends and anti roll bar bushes looked at. its none of them

i know the knocking can travel but it sounds like front drivers side, any ideas?

thanks martin

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you had all these things checked then only thing left is the ball joints on the lower wishbones. These tend to knock when you go round a gentle corner and hit small bumps in the road. If you get the knocks going straight ahead then I'd get the ARB bushes and drop links checked again and also the track rod ends,
Do you still have the original type ARB with standard bushes ie the ones that can't be replaced in their own? If so the bush has an inner steel casing which knock against the ARB itself. I've converted mine with the aftermarket kit from Neat Autos which means you can just replace the bushes on their own and I've replaced mine with polyeurathane ones which have been on now for 2 years and are still tight.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would imagine the arb bushes are original as its not done 30k yet. ill go to neat auto website and have a look for the kit

thanks

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
Anti roll bar bushes are my opinion too its a common issue we used older expert bushes and cut open the clamps reusing the top half of the clamp no more issues after that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts