Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told I need new anti roll bar joints ( I think thats right!:confused:) the symptoms being when it is wet I get a knocking noise, I will get it sorted soon :rolleyes: The puzzle is, occasionally I get a noise like something is knocking around under the bonnet trying to get out, it really does sound as if someone is knocking on the bonnet from the underside, it will suddenly start and may last seconds or minutes, yesterday it did it on a 10 min journey home, when I drove it today, no noise at all!! weird or what? could it be coming from the anti roll bar as well? or do I have another problem?

·
Registered
405 Posts
I can tell you for sure that its your anti roll bars because I used to have one that was shot and it would knock when ever it felt like it. I was convinced it was the spare tyre banging around or something was lose in there. But no, it was the anti roll bar ball joint driver's side. I'm gonna be doing my passenger side tomorrow. You can get it for £6 each on ebay.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have been told I need new anti roll bar joints ( I think thats right!:confused:) the symptoms being when it is wet I get a knocking noise, I will get it sorted soon :rolleyes: The puzzle is, occasionally I get a noise like something is knocking around under the bonnet trying to get out, it really does sound as if someone is knocking on the bonnet from the underside, it will suddenly start and may last seconds or minutes, yesterday it did it on a 10 min journey home, when I drove it today, no noise at all!! weird or what? could it be coming from the anti roll bar as well? or do I have another problem?
You should also check your drop links and wishbone ball joints.Had similar problem on my 206 GTI. Everyone was telling me my engine mounts where nackerd but it didnt make sense cos i was tearing up brand new tyres in less than 3 months.It all started from the anti roll bar knocking but because i left it,it then caused ball joints to fail all around passenger side of car because the wheel had movement.Which made it very dangerouse to drive,especially in the wet.It was only after loosing control of my car on a roundabout and spinning it 180% was when i realised it needed urgent attention.I Managed to replace all parts for less than £100.Dont put the work off and get it fixed asap especially with winter now closing in.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts