Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back the os coil spring snapped and went straight through the tyre, the car was recovered and taken to a garage for the spring to be replaced, however since then i sometimes hear a knocking sound when i go over a particular type of bump, not all bumps, i live on a dirt track road where i hear it a lot but on the normal tarmac only occasionally, does anybody have any idea as to what this could be? i have had the wheel off, inner wheel arch, checked everything visible to the eye and can not see anything amiss, any ideas please?

·
Registered
481 Posts
If the knock feels like its in or around the front footwell it will probably be the suspension strut top mount and bearing.

Even more so once they have been disturbed after removal to change a spring , I always change them now when changing springs , if they havn't been changed recently of course.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply pugpete, do you know if this is an urgent repair that needs doing and or will it have no effect on the car at all? bit short on money at the moment so hoping for the latter till i can afford it, thanks

·
Registered
481 Posts
It tends to be more annoying than anything else , mine sounded like the wheel was about to fall off so they were changed. Also check the suspension drop links for damage or wear.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It could also be the anti roll bar bracket! I seem to have that problem...

Search the forum for the solution :) its pretty easy and involves a bit of rubber tubing.

Good luck! I've been through hell trying to get rid of my bloody knocking noise!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts