Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to be getting a knocking like kind of sound from the front of car.
It usually more audible at lower RPM, at 2K and below but only happens when car is in gear and I take my foot of the gas.
There is no sound when accelerating and noise stops if I press clutch in while car is in gear.
I cant seem to hear the noise at higher speed so not sure if it is constantly there,its just that as the car slows down it gets louder..sounds like a chopper taking off.
Had 17 inch gti wheels on with 215 profile tyres,could this have caused strain on transmission or suspension:(

Please help guys Im concerned

·
Registered
593 Posts
I seem to be getting a knocking like kind of sound from the front of car.
It usually more audible at lower RPM, at 2K and below but only happens when car is in gear and I take my foot of the gas.
There is no sound when accelerating and noise stops if I press clutch in while car is in gear.
I cant seem to hear the noise at higher speed so not sure if it is constantly there,its just that as the car slows down it gets louder..sounds like a chopper taking off.
Had 17 inch gti wheels on with 215 profile tyres,could this have caused strain on transmission or suspension:(

Please help guys Im concerned
release baring?:thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah you could be right.
2 mechanics suspect the release bearing or something with gearbox.
gears are taking fine and clutch seems normal so gonna pull the box out to see whats up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts