Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some while ago a noise started to appear while starting the engine of a 406 1.9TD engine. After starting a few times all seemed normal again and the car drove fine. Unfortunately this became routine...

Since recently the sound is hard to get rid of and I wonder if the above sounds familiar to one of you readers, (The sound of crankshaft bearings but on top of the engine).

I don't think it is any bearing related problem because once gone it's like there is nothing wrong. A bearing noise would be there all the time.

I also checked each injector by releasing the inlet nuts but the sound did not disappear.

Could it be the timing of the injector pump? Can I fix that without high tech equipment?

Thanks in advance for any help...

I send a small zip file with the sound of the engine as it sounds running stationary after starting.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
update, new clue?

Maybe the following could give a clue. When the car is running at low speed and I hear the ticking noise clearly cutting the contact for an instance and getting it back on will make the sound completely disappear. Engine runs smooth as ever then!

Whenever I cut the engine it starts all over though.
View attachment Engine_noise_while_starting.zip

Anybody a clue?

Thanks in advance!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts