Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all

My 308 SW has the 1.6 HDI engine, and seems to produce a rattling/knocking noise when accelerating under light throttle. The noise disappears over 1500 rpm, but does this in all gears. the noise sounds like its coming from the floor inside the cabin where the bulkhead is.

My first thought would be rear engine/gearbox mount bush being worn, but it looks ok. I can't seem to find anything that might be causing this.

Anyone else experienced this or have any idea what might be causing it?

·
8,463 Posts
More likely a failing or dirty injector is causing diesel knock on pilot injection.

My project DS3 have a really bad diesel knock until I changed a couple of injectors

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could understand that therory if the noise was coming from higher up, but its coming from the floor area (like something is loose)

·
Registered
153 Posts
From my experience with a 406, faulty engine mounts can look and feel perfectly fine even when trying to detect movement by leveraging the engine around. In my case the sound happened when there was a change of torque - changing gears, starting and stopping the engine, engaging the clutch. Couldn't see anything but once they were out it was clearly obvious they were shot.

But if the noise is continuous through a RPM range, I don't know. Record the noise and throw it up on YouTube or something, seeing and/or hearing is often better than describing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you tried a different fuel? Tesco diesel makes my hdi rattle and pink at low revs acceleration..
John
Funnily enough, it's only been esso, shell or bp. Not used a supermarket pump since getting this car 2 months ago, and it's done it with all of them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts