Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

Im looking a last bit of help here if possible,

i've finally given up on peugeot and bough a VW Tiguan, hopefully it will give me less of a headache than my 307..

I have a few things to fix before i sell my 307 though and was hoping for a little help to narrow down the problem!

So knocking somewhere on the front left, when i go over a bump i get a knock thats almost like a drum roll (not quite) its almost like whatever is broken bouncing after the bump, so one bump in the road will knock about 5 times.

Hope yo guys understand what I mean and hopefully someone may have a idea on what to replace!

Thanks in advance all :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Suggest looking at - Anti roll bar bushes, drop links, bottom ball joint or gearbox mounting located under the battery box, non of which are expensive items

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the same on my 307SW. I changed the front suspension and droplinks not that long ago due to a broken front spring.
A few weeks ago the car developed a light knocking sound when going over small bumps and turning left-right. Checked everything, ball joints, inner and outer tracking rods, CV joints, engine mounts etc but could not find anything wrong. Knocking got louder the following week which drove me nuts.
Checked again and found that the top droplink bolts had come undone on each side, getting worse over time. So much for lock nuts! Apparently they need only the smallest amount of play to generate a hell of a knocking sound.
Re-tightened the bolts with some loctite, and no more knocking sounds heard since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts