Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Drop links are the favourite for knocking. Just done my 206 with a similar kit off Ebay, always a bit wary about these cheap kits from Ebay as I have had my fingers burnt in the past but the 206 doesn't get much use and rarely at higher speeds. With mine it was more involved and ended up replacing most of the front suspension. Tend to avoid track rod ends as you have to get the car tracked if you disturb them, you can usually feel them through the steering if they're worn. I can still hear a knock but I think it is the radiator as I noticed it rattles in its mounts, have already replace the mandatory bonnet stay clip as the stay was knocking.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Get the front of the car up in the air and try rocking the wheels in a vertical and horizontal plane.
You should be able to feel any play, if you can't see the offending link it may be an inner track rod joint (aka drumstick), or possibly a broken road spring.
But like Renegade said, the most likely suspect is the drop links, they seem to wear quickly, but they are cheap and easy to replace.

Roger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts