Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a knocking coming from the front of the car for a while now. It seems to be coming from the steering (while on full lock at slow speeds), when using the clutch pedal and, to a lesser extent, while using the brake pedal.

I know that steering knock is pretty common (I've had the seemingly age-old problem of power-steering fluid bubbling over accompanied by heavy steering — and the problem always comes back) but I've never heard anyone who's had the knocking while using the pedals before.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I mentioned it at my last service but they mechanic said he couldn't see anything obvious. I want to take it to the garage but want to arm myself with a little info so I can avoid getting fleeced.

If anyone could shed any light on this I'd be grateful.

·
5,071 Posts
Its your bottom balljoints :thumb:
dont think it matters about the pedals thats probably just coincidence that you have your feet on them as your travelling slowly.

Balljoints are very cheap (think £7-ish) and simple to do

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you say 'simple to do', is this for a mechanic or a car dunce like myself (I can change a bulb but that's about it)?

·
5,071 Posts
half decent mechanic should be half an hour a side, if your not ok with spanners it can be quite daunting, plus i'm guessing you dont have Torx bits/right tools for the job.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It definitely sounds like a mechanic job so looks like i'll have to get a few quotes. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts