Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have purchased these parking sensors from Amazon after seeing good reviews and that people have successfully put them in a 206. So I was wondering how/where do I go about grounding the wire on a puegeot 206 2003 at the rear of the car? Also which wire is the reverse wire I will want to splice into? Thanks

· Registered
5,942 Posts
You need to splice into the wire that feeds the reversing lamp bub and there should be a grounding point somewhere behind the trim panels in the back.

You can find out wich is the wire either by visually tracing back from the bulb holder for the reversing lamp or by using a multimeter.

· Registered
48 Posts
When I did this on my 406 estate, the wire was light green.
There's no guarantee the colour scheme for wiring looms between models will be consistent.

I found the feed probing the back of the light cluster connector with a test lamp, car in reverse, ignition on, engine not running of course.

For the earth I found an existing screw close by and used a eye loop connector.

· Registered
442 Posts
there should be a grounding point somewhere behind the trim panels in the back.
Main grounding point in the trunk of a 206 hatch is on the left (UK passenger) side, close to the back of the rear seat, maybe 2/3rds the way up below the plastic piece the shelf rests on.

Since you'll likely tap into the reverse light wire (cable bundle runs along the bottom of the left side and then across at the very rear to the left hand side rear cluster) you could also tap into the ground wire. Or drive an extra screw into the inside metalwork where convenient / out of view/the way. Just check that there's nothing on the back of the panel you drive it through...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.