Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi
Does anyone know how to change the settings for the speedo it's currently in kilometres and before I get a few 'points ' on the old licence I could with moving it to miles per hour!
Many thanks in advance
Jim

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi
Does anyone know how to change the settings for the speedo it's currently in kilometres and before I get a few 'points ' on the old licence I could with moving it to miles per hour!
Many thanks in advance
Jim
From the manual but not tried it in the car.

When travelling abroad, you may
have to change the units of distance:
the display of road speed must be in
the official units (miles or km) for the
country.
The change of units is done via the
screen configuration menu, with the
vehicle stationary.

Also see attachment.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Doctor
That's fantastic! Very, very kind of you to reply and provide some guidance. I will try it first thing in the morning (I want to try now but my wife would think I was up to no good) Truly appreciate your help
Kind regards
Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hello Doctor
That's fantastic! Very, very kind of you to reply and provide some guidance. I will try it first thing in the morning (I want to try now but my wife would think I was up to no good) Truly appreciate your help
Kind regards
Jim

You are very welcome hope you are enjoying your new car, best not make the lady jealous.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Tip

A tip for those who travel abroad often:

I have configured Profile 1 to register ‘mph’ and Profile 2 to register ‘km/h’. Profile 3 is for my wife if ever she decides to drive the car.

Come to think about it, I wonder if I can completely immerse myself and change the language to French for Profile 2; something to try later……..

The only downside is that mypeugeot app is sometimes confused so I've apparently travelled more miles than I actually have!

To help me remember which Profile is which I have personalised the screen:

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,833 Posts
A tip for those who travel abroad often:

I have configured Profile 1 to register ‘mph’ and Profile 2 to register ‘km/h’. Profile 3 is for my wife if ever she decides to drive the car.

Come to think about it, I wonder if I can completely immerse myself and change the language to French for Profile 2; something to try later……..

The only downside is that mypeugeot app is sometimes confused so I've apparently travelled more miles than I actually have!

To help me remember which Profile is which I have personalised the screen:
Excellent tip Chris.....now if they only did a Welsh flag representation :D

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Excellent tip Chris.....now if they only did a Welsh flag representation :D
I copied the image and uploaded it Paul so it is possible to display the Welsh flag icon on your screen with a little work.

Changing the subject very slightly, scroll down to 'lost in translation' for a humerous story that you and one or two other members will appreciate:

The road markings that left red faces - BBC News

·
Registered
408 Posts
For those with full LED headlights, how do you adjust your lights when you go to France ?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
You might want to check this previous post out:

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/3008-2017-138/headlamp-conversion-europe-269786/

I still wonder though, if the answer from Peugeot is definitely correct - that they need 'adjustment' or headlamp stickers.

I have the full LED lights and didn't really want to start sticking those horrible headlamp converters onto my new car, in particular onto the polycarbonate headlight units. Plus faffing about at the Channel Tunnel getting them in exactly the right place. Previously I have had issues getting them off after a two week holiday to Europe, when they are absolutely baked on.

My 3008 handbook does say they need adjustsing, although doesn't make any distinction between Halogen and LED, whereas my Xenon equipped C4 Grand Picasso, specifically said they didn't need converting, because the beam was flat. The Citroen handbook quotes this:

"Xenon headlamps
The design of the dipped beam
headlamps allows you to drive in a
country that drives on the other side
of the road, without the need for any modification"

I've not noticed the 3008 beam being anything other than the same as my C4GP, so I'm really not sure.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I agree that the manual is not clear regarding the LED version.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
For those with full LED headlights, how do you adjust your lights when you go to France ?
You can't! :(

In a previous post I reported that I did not use converters on advice I’d obtained from internet searches and I’ve never been flashed so much in all my years of driving in France, again without converters and completely illegal and fineable if stopped. The car was fully loaded but the self-adjusting headlamps are supposed to compensate for that. Reading the manual the other day, I discovered that above 68 mph the dipped beam range is increased and I would have been doing at least that speed so perhaps this is what caused the problem for the on-coming drivers.

The other night I passed quite a few cars on a narrow country road doing no more than 50 mph and wasn’t flashed once.

The question needs a definitive answer from somebody at Peugeot and if converters are deemed not to be necessary a printed copy should be kept in the car to show a Gendarme if stopped.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I don't miss many things of my Volkswagen, but with the Xenon lights they have a "travel" mode, which simply lower a little bit the headlight. And it works fine.

Regarding the highway mode, can it be disabled from the screen ?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Just read about the 'highway mode' in the handbook.

I haven't actually driven my car at night yet (only experienced the LED lion spotlights when the door mirrors folded back!), but has anyone noticed an actual difference in light output above 68mph?

I love the way Peugeot print 'full LED' and the exact light output on the actual headlamp units for all to see. I'm guessing the 2600lm / 4000lm is the differing outputs for dipped and main beams?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are very welcome hope you are enjoying your new car, best not make the lady jealous.

Dear Doctor
All sorted..... I'm now a 'Mile Muncher'
Thanks again for the attachment although I feel a bit silly as I had previously found the menu and chosen the mile option BUT forgot the simple press of 'ok' at the bottom of the screen!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yes it will brake if needed, however ACC should be 'smooth' and if the engine can't slow the vehicle enough for small decreases in speed the brakes will be going on and off quite often and I believe that if brakes are used then brake lights must also show this for the safety of the following vehicle, it would be 'uncomfortable' for the following driver (especially at night) if brake light were coming on and off all the time. I am personally convinced that the 1.2 3 cylinder doesn't slow the car down enough which is why ACC isn't available with it.

As much as I understand and appreciate what you say, the people who have a 3008 puretech manage to drive, brake and follow others in the traffic (using both brakes and engine brake), so my point is that the ACC is able to do and behave the same.

There is really no technical excuse not to have the ACC with the Puretch engine.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
As much as I understand and appreciate what you say, the people who have a 3008 puretech manage to drive, brake and follow others in the traffic (using both brakes and engine brake), so my point is that the ACC is able to do and behave the same.

There is really no technical excuse not to have the ACC with the Puretch engine.
How did you get a quote from a completely different thread onto this thread? I'm not complaing, just can't see how it was done! :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Oups, wrong thread. That's what happens when you copy paste from your phone :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
miles to kilometers

Just got my 3008 GT god to read the posts I only have the basic guide where can i get the the more advanced handbook.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Just got my 3008 GT god to read the posts I only have the basic guide where can i get the the more advanced handbook.
According to Peugeot UK Customer support they are available to be ordered by your dealer but my dealer pretended they knew nothing about them but I managed to get one sent to me direct from Peugeot UK.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts