Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's an old 04 607 2 litre diesel --
Having managed to shut the boot lid while the car was asleep, it's decided it was locked, even though I'd just opened it on the remote<gnash> :nono: These things are like a fortress to get in to. Has anyone a 'least destructive' way to get a door open?? (PM me would be favourite) I've tried coat hanger & iron bar on the back drivers side door, even tried ringing a dealer.. They could get a key for about the same value as the car.
Cheers :thumb: Jim

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
We had same issue getting into ours after battery went flat they are as you say hard to get into but you can get in doing as you have been you just need to be patient we had a long thin rod with a hook and hooked the handle on opposite door.

Its now left unlocked :)

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Me being a vehicle locksmith I would just pick the lock if your local to Bradford I can come out 07599587119

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Doubt it the locks rarely work even with the key as nobody uses them they just use the remote :)

We had a key and still could not open ours.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Doubt it the locks rarely work even with the key as nobody uses them they just use the remote :)

We had a key and still could not open ours.
the lock pick will fit in a seized lock and you can move the pin 1 by one to free them with a bit of wd40 ive done it loads of times, i find it harder to pick a new lock than an old one

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We had same issue getting into ours after battery went flat they are as you say hard to get into but you can get in doing as you have been you just need to be patient we had a long thin rod with a hook and hooked the handle on opposite door.

Its now left unlocked :)
Sage advice indeed, I was a bit luckier, having just charged up the back battery. All it needed was a poke on the central lock button :rolleyes:

Thanks. Jim:thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts