Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was having issues with the keys of my 307, firstly i lost the guts of the 'good' key leaving me with one that wasn't working remotely and would not resync with the car after changing the fob battery. Meanwhile the starter on the car went, so I got that replaced. Then I started getting a 'bong' on start up and key not working, car locking me in, etc. So I thought I better get key problem sorted. When I brought to one of those autolock they said it wasn't trasmitting, fine-problem solved, I thought. One fixed key and one basic key and a good few quid later and they say the car won't accept the key, so I am in the exact same position with the key acting weird, bong sound, losing radio memory. Reding on here I figure its the BSI corrupted, tried reset, no dice. the autokey place want to take it in to diagnose the problem but I am loathe to give them anymore money. Anyone ? Should I just get someone to clone the BSI from the same model, would that work ?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I'm was having issues with the keys of my 307, firstly i lost the guts of the 'good' key leaving me with one that wasn't working remotely and would not resync with the car after changing the fob battery. Meanwhile the starter on the car went, so I got that replaced. Then I started getting a 'bong' on start up and key not working, car locking me in, etc. So I thought I better get key problem sorted. When I brought to one of those autolock they said it wasn't trasmitting, fine-problem solved, I thought. One fixed key and one basic key and a good few quid later and they say the car won't accept the key, so I am in the exact same position with the key acting weird, bong sound, losing radio memory. Reding on here I figure its the BSI corrupted, tried reset, no dice. the autokey place want to take it in to diagnose the problem but I am loathe to give them anymore money. Anyone ? Should I just get someone to clone the BSI from the same model, would that work ?
first of all get your battery and alternator tested and check all battery connections and earth connections as the key would not cause the bond but a flat battery or bad connection would

once you have the car starting fine work on the remotes

if its the older type none flip key then you have a chip to start and a pcb for remote, if the remote does not work that would not stop it starting

check you have the chips in each key to start, then check they both have there original pcb that cam with the chip because if the pcb has been changed they will not work for remote locking

i dont know what you mean by wont accept the key, have they tried programming a full new key or have they tried just changing the remote pcb

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply trustme, sorry if I didn't explain everything clearly. I have no problem starting the car with my key but i get a 'bong' noise. The central locking does not work remotely or with key. I have to open the driver door, put key in ignition and then the other doors unlock. The lock guys tried my key and reprogramming a new key and told me they could not get either to sync so the problem was within the car itself and not the key, thats what lead me to believe it was a corrupt BSi, also the fact that the radio is losing memory, which never happened before.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Thanks for reply trustme, sorry if I didn't explain everything clearly. I have no problem starting the car with my key but i get a 'bong' noise. The central locking does not work remotely or with key. I have to open the driver door, put key in ignition and then the other doors unlock. The lock guys tried my key and reprogramming a new key and told me they could not get either to sync so the problem was within the car itself and not the key, thats what lead me to believe it was a corrupt BSi, also the fact that the radio is losing memory, which never happened before.
the radio loosing the codes is the sign of a weak battery

the bong sounds like the comms unit is loosing power then getting power again

if the comms unit is loosing power that is why the remote does not work because the receiver is in the comms unit

get the battery on the car tested asap!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay so i checked the battery at lunchtime, getting 12.61V on the mm which is pretty much 100% Two other details which i noticed but omitted in my original post:
-The clock resets everytime I start car
-The wipers do one sweep when i turn on ignition along with the 'boop' noise

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Okay so i checked the battery at lunchtime, getting 12.61V on the mm which is pretty much 100% Two other details which i noticed but omitted in my original post:
-The clock resets everytime I start car
-The wipers do one sweep when i turn on ignition along with the 'boop' noise
what is the voltage of the battery when the engine is cranking ie when the starter motor is turning and also what is the voltage when the engine is running

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
A bad battery can still show full voltage at rest using a multimeter simply because the multimeter takes virtually no current from the battery due to it having a high input impedance. When you use any of the high current circuits like thes tarter or the headlights, it will draw a lot of current. If the battery is bad it won't be able to supply the current at full voltage causing the voltage to drop. If it's bad enough, the voltage will drop below the level required to maintain the radio presets and cause the clock to loose the date, time & language etc. If it drops enough you will find random error messages on the mfd because the voltage is too low for many of the ECU's to work.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I was having issues with the keys of my 307, firstly i lost the guts of the 'good' key leaving me with one that wasn't working remotely and would not resync with the car after changing the fob battery. Meanwhile the starter on the car went, so I got that replaced. Then I started getting a 'bong' on start up and key not working, car locking me in, etc. So I thought I better get key problem sorted. When I brought to one of those autolock they said it wasn't trasmitting, fine-problem solved, I thought. One fixed key and one basic key and a good few quid later and they say the car won't accept the key, so I am in the exact same position with the key acting weird, bong sound, losing radio memory. Reding on here I figure its the BSI corrupted, tried reset, no dice. the autokey place want to take it in to diagnose the problem but I am loathe to give them anymore money. Anyone ? Should I just get someone to clone the BSI from the same model, would that work ?
If they replaced the starter motor, they would have most likely disconnected the battery in which case if they did not let the BSI go to sleep it could have potentially wiped the BSI, this has happened to my car recently, I have had to re-download everything back on to the BSi and reconfigure everything and re-sync the keys
You will need Peugeot Plannet to do all this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts