Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Bought a 307, got 2 keys.

Only one key starts the car and unlocks the doors.

The other key - changed the battery...still no open doors or start car. Key turns in ignition lock - it is cut correctly! The key does look original Peugeot and unused.

I did read on a printout from autodata that there is a key resync procedure - tried and no joy..... not sure if it is applicable to all cars - mine is a 1.4hdi 2002.

I dont appear to have any credit card with 4 digits on it... am I stuffed if my main key is lost or damaged?

Thanks - standing by for bad news.

David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was in the same boat when i got mine

£54.60 to have peugeot request your transponder code from HQ and code your keys (they do all your keys together, this invalidates any other keys that might have been programmed to the car in the past)

If you do get this done make sure they write your code down for you otherwise you'll have to pay each time!

Requesting the code is £20 so if you get this then any future recoding is only 35 bones

:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks again for the reply.

That is excellent... I really was hoping that it was not a major nightmare to get it coded....and a huge cost!

David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Can I ask a couple of questions wrt 307 keys/remotes......

Is the immobiliser chip on the same, single PCB in the key or is it a separate device in the moulded key lik ein many Fords?

If it is part of the main (onlY) PCB, can a second hand pcb be used (programmed) to a car, or is it a throw way? I have read that a key can only be attached once to a car and not reprograqmmed to another.

Lastly - process to get remote locking working from key... can anyone confirm this is correct or correct me if wrong (got this from autodata).

1. Place key to be programmed in ignition lock.
2. Turn key to ignition position 2, but dont start engine.
3. Press and hold the lock button for 10 seconds
4. remove key
5. wait 5 seconds
6. try key - should now operate doors.

Does the door open/closed make any difference to the process?

I have replaced the keyfob battery, and also tested the remote for RF emission, which it is.

Any help to get this key working is most appreciated.

David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its all on a single pcb!

You can buy a key off ebay and have it coded, thats where my 2nd came from, you will have to take all of your keys that you want to use to peugeot (they dont charge a recode per key, just per job)

If your 2nd one wont start the car it could have either died someway, or it may also be an ebay key thats been cut but never recoded to the car, so the remote locking will never work until its coded, it it is sending rf signals then i'd probably say its option 2! :( (i fell at this hurdle as well, thinking I could manually tell the car about the new key)

Hope this helps :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi - and thanks for the reply.

Strange that I cannot get it working the remote locking as that is a separate function from immobiliser... hmm...

I have just spotted the Peugeot manual showing key programming...>

Switch off ignition
Switch on again
Press button A
Switch off
remove key
lock doors with button

Must go and try it!

Lastly... your tale rules out the idea of a key only being able to be paired with one car.... just need my planet to be delivered so I can go play (I may end up with a shiney wheelbarrow... :eek: )!

David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is so frustrating!

Ok - it did not work...

I wonder if a key must be accepted by the immobiliser BEFORE it is able to be programmed with the door locking?!?

The (non-functionling) key I have is definately the original spare supplied with the car, not a replacement.

David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Haha let me know how you get on with it, might actually get a planet myself so i can do a bit of tinkering!

The remote locking and immobiliser check one particular ecu (dont ask me which one, wasnt really listeneing when the pug guy was explaining this to me!) to see if the key is authorised to do these actions, thats why neither function works

Although why the car has forgotten this key i have no idea, dont suppose you've tried a bsi reset to see if it will accept the key again?

edit: also i'm sure when doing the key program procedure you mentioned, you have to do it with your working key first, then with the non working one second

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi...

Nope...not tried a BSi reset - do remember somewhere reading it, and falling asleep during it....

Do you know if any keys that LOOK the same as my two button key actually are compatible?

I see that 206 keys, while having a very different blade have the same fob.

I wonder if I can just move the PCB over into my key?

David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I cant see why not, I had to get one with the same key blade as i was having one cut, if you are just moving the pcb accross then it should go over fine :thumb:

edit: decided to open mine just to confirm the pcb pops out ok, and yes it does :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks - and glad to see it looks identical to mine.

I could not see the immobiliser chip in there.. must be shared with the locking, unlike many other marques.

Just wonder if I can buy *any* old Peugeot key that looks like that and recode it.

David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd stick to one from a 307 incase peugeot have been b*stards and made each key specific to model

Which lets face it, they probably will have done! :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Stubbo said:
I cant see why not, I had to get one with the same key blade as i was having one cut.......,
Can I ask where you got the key cut? Do the likes of Timpsons do these car keys?

David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They do, everyone was telling me they were laser cut but timpsons did it for me no worries

Not the best job i admit, possibly because the key blade wasnt as high quality metal, thats why i'm using it as my main key and keeping the peugeot cut one as the spare!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stubbo said:
They do, everyone was telling me they were laser cut but timpsons did it for me no worries

Not the best job i admit, possibly because the key blade wasnt as high quality metal, thats why i'm using it as my main key and keeping the peugeot cut one as the spare!

Good idea to keep the original as the spare... as long as the "poorly" cut key does not wear out the lock!

Did you mount it in the key for them to cut, or just the loose blade?

I will pay them a visit once the new blade arrives.

David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I took it down mounted in the key

And i wouldnt worry too much, i'm hoping that in a fight between the cheap keyblade and the ignition barrel, that the ignition barrel will win hands down :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.