Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I had a strange problem with keyless on my 3008 .. I drove home, left the car on my driveway locked.. After couple of hours the car wouldnt unlock handsfree!? I had to unlock it with the buttons on the keyfob.. Sat in the car, pushed start button: nothing, just beeped the warning, that there is no key in the car!?! Tried with the spare one: same problem.. The car wouldnt start, wouldnt lock or unlock itself.. Just like there is no key present near.. The keys on the keyfob did work for locking and unlocking.. But thats all... When I put the key behind the steering wheel ( there is a special place on the left side for putting it, in case you have dead batteries inside keyfob ) , the car started, but as soon as a took the key out of that place and put it on central console, the warning came on again saying, there is no key detected.. Sadly to say, we went to visit our friends with our second car .. :-(

Early in the morning today I opened the bonnet and disconnect the main battery.. After 20 min everything was back to normal.. Did anyone else experienced such an issue? I will take my car to the dealer to inspect it, but I am allmost certain they will not find anything wrong.... It is just that I dont know when or if it will happen again.. Not a nice feeling, the car is less than a month old, with less than 1000 miles :-(

·
Registered
70 Posts
could be batterys are kaput in the key fob its possible even though they unlock on the buttons it seems odd that they dont register in the car the passive circuit on the fob might be on the fritz? or the[Arial for internal register or the software has a bug etc .....not a lot of help i know
would ring the dealer to advise in case it comes back at least they should log it so if it happens again they can tell you have already advised them once

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Batteries in both keys are OK, did checking myself, there must be some kind of a software or antenna bug.. Will let the dealer know .. I am just hoping, this has gone away with "reset" ..

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Hi Tomaz,

this has been an issue in some 508 keyless. It can be the key sensor in your car is intermittently breaking down. I had this before and what a nightmare it turned out to be.
I would advise this: tell your dealer about it as soon as you can. They will probably do a diag but will find nothing. If it happens again call them out to it while it's not working. They'll be able to connect their laptop and when it tries to talk to the module and can't then they will know.
Of course it may not be that but it seems like it to me. Mine used to go for weeks without playing up then one day it just gave up completely. Had to be recovered from an airport car park.

Grumpy

Reactions: BrenUK

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
My Cit did it too I seem to recall, but I put it in the slot for the first time in quite a while, all seems to be back to normal.
I’ve wondered why there is a slot at all actually.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The slot is there if you have bad battery in key fob.. The key and car will "find" each other even with bad battery if you put it in the slot. P3008 doesnt have a slot, it has a moulded shape of the key on the left side behind the steering wheel. You firmly press the key fob on that and start the engine.

My car is now OK, after unplugged main battery for 20 min.. Wonder how long it will be :-(
The most "sad" part is, the dealer will probably find nothing wrong when checking... :nono:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The slot is there if you have bad battery in key fob.. The key and car will "find" each other even with bad battery if you put it in the slot. P3008 doesnt have a slot, it has a moulded shape of the key on the left side behind the steering wheel. You firmly press the key fob on that and start the engine.

My car is now OK, after unplugged main battery for 20 min.. Wonder how long it will be :-(
The most "sad" part is, the dealer will probably find nothing wrong when checking... :nono:
So I take it that being as close as possible to a sensor is what the ‘holder’ is for in the event of a weak battery in the fob?.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
it is the same system as a card reader in the shops for your credit card. The slot obviously has enough energy to read the keyfob and then start the engine..The battery in the key is there to extend the signal, so you dont have to put it in the card reader.. Had that also in my R scenic .. But P3008 doesnt have a slot, so you cant put the key inside and left it there, you can just press it firmly on the mould and when it starts, you should be able to put the key back to your "pocket" .. My car did start like that, when there was an issue, but as soon as I removed it from the "mould", the warning on the dashboard said that there is no key present ... Dont know what would happen if I was on the road driving and start-stop kicked in!?

Oh, and something else! When that happen, I was able to lock my car with buttons on the keyfob, but ONLY in the second or third attempt.. Firstly the car after locking immediately unlocked itself, like there was a key left in the car!
Thats why I think it could be a software glitch, which is even worse. Its not hard to change sensor modules, but software....

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Why keep things simple (and reliable) when you can make things more complex and UNreliable.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had the exact same problem - went to the dealer and they replaced a sensor in one of the doors and it went away .... annoying, but luckily a pretty quick fix :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In my case I am pretty sure there isnt a problem with door handles, because NOTHING worked, no door unlocking and no start of the engine..Just warning there is no key!?

Couldnt unlock on any door and after "manually" unlocking even start button didnt work, so there must be some "central" sensor or relay getting faulty. The car didnt recognised any of the keyfobs, when this happened...strangely only unlocking with buttons worked, so you could get into the car.. If the car would started then, I would know there is a door handle problem.. Here seems to be something else..The car only started when I put the keyfob in the special mould behind the steering wheel and then still there was a warning on the dashboard like there is no key present in the car when the car was running!
Well, now the thing is working flawlessly, FOR NOW ...:(

Will give a phone call to my dealer today ..

Coast: did your car normally started or also didnt start? did you have a problem with all doors not unlocking?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Same with mine ... started like this ..

Came out to the car, it wouldn?t unlock without pressing the key, got into the car, wouldn?t start (with either key) unless all the way up by the steering wheel (the manual mode)
- got out of the car, it wouldn?t lock (it just clicked two times like when the other key is in the car ...

And yes, it said ?no registered key in car? or whatever it is :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow, exactly as mine!

Did they just replace sensor, no need for door handle replacement? how old is your car?

THANK YOU :thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Similar problem 308 GT 180 EAT8 (2018)

Yesterday I had a strange problem with keyless on my 3008 .. I drove home, left the car on my driveway locked.. After couple of hours the car wouldnt unlock handsfree!? I had to unlock it with the buttons on the keyfob.. Sat in the car, pushed start button: nothing, just beeped the warning, that there is no key in the car!?! Tried with the spare one: same problem.. The car wouldnt start, wouldnt lock or unlock itself.. Just like there is no key present near.. The keys on the keyfob did work for locking and unlocking.. But thats all... When I put the key behind the steering wheel ( there is a special place on the left side for putting it, in case you have dead batteries inside keyfob ) , the car started, but as soon as a took the key out of that place and put it on central console, the warning came on again saying, there is no key detected.. Sadly to say, we went to visit our friends with our second car .. :-(

Early in the morning today I opened the bonnet and disconnect the main battery.. After 20 min everything was back to normal.. Did anyone else experienced such an issue? I will take my car to the dealer to inspect it, but I am allmost certain they will not find anything wrong.... It is just that I dont know when or if it will happen again.. Not a nice feeling, the car is less than a month old, with less than 1000 miles :-(
Last night my remote opened boot, I put my musical stand and instruments in ready for evening gig but the car wouldn't start "key not detected". I tried my other key with same result. I borrowed a car to get to where I was playing. Tried again this morning - no joy. Followed the instructions - key in appropriate holder and car starts but the key still not detected after removing. Less than 3000 miles on clock new this year. Very unhappy. Dealer tomorrow I hope. Sell car and get something reliable!?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts