Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife went to take the 2006 307 to the garage to get a flat tyre sorted out. Using her key she got in the car but the engine wouldn't start showing the anti theft error message.

Once she called me i thought it might be down to a flat battery in the key fob. A replacement was sought but the same thing happened. We've looked at "reprogramming" the key to no avail and after trawling the web and this forum there are mentions on a transponder chip. The wife says that there wasn't anything that came out and to be honest, looking at the oblong key-fob (pic to follow) I cannot see where it would be. Doesn't anyone have a pic of a stock rectangular 307 key fob showing where the transponder fits ? With it open, one half is a circuit board and the other half (with the blade on it) has the battery.

Can anyone shed any light on this ?

Cheers

richard

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing has changed with the car, and its an original stereo...battery hasn;t been disconnected for 2 months....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Apologies I gave half an answer. The key in question is the spare held by my wife....my key (same type) is used day in and day out...

If I unlock the car remotely with my key the 2nd key will start the car...but if unlocked by the 2nd key it (the 2nd key) wont then start it....

·
Registered
14,266 Posts
Sounds like they are out of sync im pretty sure these are rolling codes and if so if 1 key is not used for a while the codes go too far out of range and need resyncing.

happened to my Subaru years ago lost 1 key found it again and it would work similar to yours once used a few times it was happy I just got into habbit of using both keys regularly.

not sure if Peugeots are the same though.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Apologies I gave half an answer. The key in question is the spare held by my wife....my key (same type) is used day in and day out...

If I unlock the car remotely with my key the 2nd key will start the car...but if unlocked by the 2nd key it (the 2nd key) wont then start it....
Sounds like they need re programming with Peugeot planet. :nod:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steve, if it was through Peugeot Planet would someone need the codes for the keys or does it not matter ??

G

·
0 Posts
I finally got round to doing my spare key yesterday, you need the 4 digit PIN code to allow Planet to do the keys, and then you will need to redo your remote fob afterwards, which I didn't and now I can't program it...

I'll go back to Planet later and sync keys and remote all at the same time and hope this works...

First time I've done keys, its very straight-forward :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts