Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My key remotely unlocks and locks the doors fine. However recently it had a moment and wasn't working so I thought I would manually unlock by putting the key in the lock and turning it.

Guess what? Nothing happened and I can't get it to work. Luckily I gave the key a bang and the remote started working so I wasn't stuck.

Any idea why the key won't manually unlock/lock the car. Don't want to get end up stranded because he remote stops working one day.

Cheers

·
5,042 Posts
Does the key just spin in the lock ?? On the 406 this is a security feature and assuming you have the right key a good dose of wd40 solves this.

P

·
0 Posts
As said give it good clean out first. Worst case a new key barrel from Peugeot. £65 for one that would fit your key. Need to get one myself soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It turns 90 degrees either way. Turning right it clicks and the key is stuck in the lock but nothing happens and left just feel like nothing is happening.

I have given it a good go with wd40 and doesn't seem to of made a difference. Assuming its the right key as it starts the car?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
It's not unheard of for a car to have different keys for the ignition and doors but considering the key turns then it's likely that something has detached or misaligned so it no longer operates the locking mechanism. You might need to remove the door card to see what is / is not happening when you turn the key.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Where can I get a spare key for door locks on my Peugeot partner 58 remote key locks but opens a second later remote key won't fit locks help
try spray wd40 in the lock and key in and out a few times then more wd40 and try use key and do that a few times if it still does not work then either the door lock is different to ignition or its fully seized. the remote locking then unlocking is telling you there is a door not shut correct or a door sensor is faulty and saying the door is not shut correct, try spray wd40 in all the door lock mechanisms

i can cut keys but i dont know if your near me im in bradford west yorkshire

·
Registered
350 Posts
You've probably already tested this but I don't have a battery in the fob for my partners car. Sometimes turning the key to unlock makes no noise but when you then open the handle it unlocks as you open it. Give it a try if you haven't already

·
Registered
1 Posts
Peugeot 407 model 2006

I am using the door key to open and close the automatic looking system of the car, but, now when I turn the key to closing position I here two clicking sounds (closing and opening) and the system does not work.I do not know if the central lock is stuck in open position , if so , how can I reset it.
Can somebody give advice.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
I am using the door key to open and close the automatic looking system of the car, but, now when I turn the key to closing position I here two clicking sounds (closing and opening) and the system does not work.I do not know if the central lock is stuck in open position , if so , how can I reset it.
Can somebody give advice.
Thanks
when you are driving the car does it say you have a door open

·
Registered
296 Posts
If the car will not lock and immediately unlocks itself it is usually an indication that a door is open. Does your interior light go off when you close the doors?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts