Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am trying to clear up something, that I cannot find a straight answer for. Answers in idiot-proof language appreciated.

The mechanics of my two-button key were shot, so I thought I could get a new case from amazon (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01CY8D4ZI?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title) , swap the metal key, put the green circuit board in and hey presto.

My mistake was not knowing the existence of an immobiliser. Is this a separate electromagnetic device to the green PCB, or is it incorporated in the green PCB? I have seen both these answers given online.

Can you tell me in either case what I have to do to get the key to work please.

It's a 2011ish P207 petrol, BD60LPE.

Thank you very much for reading and for any answers.

Liam
Sleeve Creative arts Wood Art Linens
Circuit component Communication Device Mobile phone Gadget Portable communications device

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am trying to clear up something, that I cannot find a straight answer for. Answers in idiot-proof language appreciated.

The mechanics of my two-button key were shot, so I thought I could get a new case from amazon (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01CY8D4ZI?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title) , swap the metal key, put the green circuit board in and hey presto.

My mistake was not knowing the existence of an immobiliser. Is this a separate electromagnetic device to the green PCB, or is it incorporated in the green PCB? I have seen both these answers given online.

Can you tell me in either case what I have to do to get the key to work please.

It's a 2011ish P207 petrol, BD60LPE.

Thank you very much for reading and for any answers.

Liam View attachment 95609 View attachment 95610
The transponder is on the pcb

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent news, thank you.

Do some keys have an entirely separate transponder or have I totally misunderstood?

·
Registered
199 Posts
You may have to re-sync the key if the remote locking stops working is all which can happen sometimes if the key battery dies or is removed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts