Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i bought a used 207 2008 yrm. The seller told me "the remote isnt working ,just changed battery."

Sure! Changed battery , still dead. At first i clicked many many times, eventually i was able to lock and unlock, but now that isnt possible anymore.
I took it apart and the circuit board looks ok, the buttons are working, but what do i know..
Do i need to cough up 200 euros for a new fob or any way i can fix this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

C

·
0 Posts
Try the spare key. This will at least determine whether it's a faulty key or a problem with the car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Rikard you could try here but they are out of stock at moment
Peugeot 107 206 207 2 Button Remote Key + new remote & transponder

but with mentioning euros I take it your not UK?
Hi,
no, I´m in Stockholm, Sweden. I checked that link on page 5 you posted, thanks, went out in the car and tried it, but no luck.

My fob doesnt look like: http://carkeyfob.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=191

Its this model: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-207-307-308-Remote-Key-Fob-Plip-/170973694893?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27ced38bad

When i bought the car, the seller told me to change battery, which i did. The remote locking then worked 1 out 10 times, (i doubt the battery change made any difference, as i didnt try that many times with the old battery as i just had had the car for a few days). Now its completely dead. I use the key to lock/lock up, but the cold weather sometimes freeze the lock...
I only have 1 fob, the sparekey is just a flat key.

Any other suggestions?
How do you rule out if the transmitter/circuit board isn't broken?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Got same problem as you , did you eventually get it working?
No i didn't. I tried everything but gave up and bought a new set at Peugeot. 200 euros:mad:
I´ve had the car for 18 months now and I'm pleasantly surprised. No problems at all cept the key remote.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts