Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just "destroyed" unintentionally my car keys. Smashed not only the external key case but no buttons on the chip board are working. Batteries fine. Any ideas?

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The external case was already damaged but still functional. Yesterday I dropped the keys and the buttons stopped working. I am able to open door and drive it though

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I changed the batteries but still nothing. I avoided doing anything else, afraid of the key stop working completely

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
i presume this is a key for a 407
try get a bit of wire or tin foil and short the pins on the lock or unlock button and see if that operates the doors
you could even try resync the key

Switch on the ignition (position 2)
Within 10 seconds of turning on ignition to position 2 Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
Remove key open & close door test central locking system.

·
Registered
203 Posts
So I used shell from ali and it works fine, if you can unbend the key you can use it as is just make sure that electronic board is near the key when you are starting the car.

I was looking for a replacement key since I only have one, and here its 50 euros for plain key without remote controls, and 100 for complete 3 buttons key. (official dealer charges for about 200e). They basically contact main dealer in France and hook your car to diagnostic and program the key and controls. And ofc I need to show the proof that I own the car.
So I guess there must be some specialized shops around you
Do you even have functioning blade?

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
i supply new standard and remote keys, i can cut the blade so the key is ready for you to program using planet (you will need 4 digit code i can supply this too)

pm me your vin and country for a quote on a key

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, blade is working. I can open, close and drive it. Just no remote. So, a key professional can do it? No need for Peugeot official assistance?
Trustme, not a big soldering professional. All is so small

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Yes, blade is working. I can open, close and drive it. Just no remote. So, a key professional can do it? No need for Peugeot official assistance?
Trustme, not a big soldering professional. All is so small

it could be a faulty button or battery holder but it could also be a cracked pcb, if its a cracked pcb then you would need a new key as the pcb and transponder chip are paired together

·
Registered
90 Posts
key replacement

hi "trustme" how much do you charge for the key fob 4 digit pin code as im looking to buy another key and would like to program it using pp2000.
any info appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,

I need a new key for my 607. Its a 05 facelift model and I think the keys are the same as the 407. It has 3 buttons - lock/unlock and the boot open in the middle. I have one working key but would like a replacement in case I loose it. Can you "copy" my working one or do I need a brand new one from Peugeot? Could you advise the cost?

Thanks in advance

Steve

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Hi,

I need a new key for my 607. Its a 05 facelift model and I think the keys are the same as the 407. It has 3 buttons - lock/unlock and the boot open in the middle. I have one working key but would like a replacement in case I loose it. Can you "copy" my working one or do I need a brand new one from Peugeot? Could you advise the cost?

Thanks in advance

Steve
you could program a new key with planet, i could get a price on a key for you if you could pm or text me the make model and last 8 of the vin my number is 07599587119

·
Registered
46 Posts
you could program a new key with planet, i could get a price on a key for you if you could pm or text me the make model and last 8 of the vin my number is 07599587119
Hi again - can't find the last thread so will hijack this one as it's relevant!

Scuse my ignorance but if I give you all the numbers you need, are you able to sort the key from start to finish via post, or do I actually need my car hooked up to the planet hardware?

cheers
Matt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi both of the lock buttons have broke off my two keys for my 307 , I purchased a new blank key online and swapped the blade and the immobiliser chip over have followed the instructions to program it but It hasnt worked any ideas ??

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Hi again - can't find the last thread so will hijack this one as it's relevant!

Scuse my ignorance but if I give you all the numbers you need, are you able to sort the key from start to finish via post, or do I actually need my car hooked up to the planet hardware?

cheers
Matt
The car needs to be hooked up to planet for a remote key and a none remote key to clone needs a sniffer chip near ignition

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Hi both of the lock buttons have broke off my two keys for my 307 , I purchased a new blank key online and swapped the blade and the immobiliser chip over have followed the instructions to program it but It hasnt worked any ideas ??
This is because to program another remote pub it need to be Virgin with a virgin chip and you need to program using planet, you are getting confused with programming and re syncing a programmed key

1 - 20 of 24 Posts