Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

My peugeot key has never worked with the 'blip' locking and unclocking of the car (separate issue) but they casing was so bad I purchased a new casing for my key

Last night I took out the key and the electronic circuit, put it all in the new casing and screwed it together. I then went down to the car and the car wouldn't start!!

I put they key back together in the original casing and the car started fine

Has anyone come across this before? Why would some plastic casing interfere with the car starting?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hi all

My peugeot key has never worked with the 'blip' locking and unclocking of the car (separate issue) but they casing was so bad I purchased a new casing for my key

Last night I took out the key and the electronic circuit, put it all in the new casing and screwed it together. I then went down to the car and the car wouldn't start!!

I put they key back together in the original casing and the car started fine

Has anyone come across this before? Why would some plastic casing interfere with the car starting?
In the Old casing is a small chip ID46 I think its called you have to transfer that to the new casing

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=peugeot+id46+transponder+chip&biw=1536&bih=701&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CEQQsARqFQoTCNv_2IbpzsgCFUGaFAod6AgMmA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright no need to be rude about it was just asking a question if you not got anything better to do then leave sarcy comments on pages you lead a very sad life. Thank you jagn for your reply

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
Its not sarcasm its a FACT people cause a lot of issues for themselves because they do not bother searching for the answers before attempting things.

I am 1 of the more helpful people on here and again if you had done your research you would know this.

I will make sure i reserve my help for others in future !

G

·
0 Posts
Sadly Wayne has done something many many people have done before - I've even driven to do a diagnostic on a car that just needed the chip changed over to the new case - you are not the first or will you be the last, no big deal really its just something that has popped up again and again.

I stand by a comment I made a while ago, which is 'why aren't the ID46 chips a bright colour' so this oversight is harder to do in future....!

Wayne, not meaning to be mean or anything but there is a vast history of potential problems and answers on here, and most will be found using the search feature ( which is slightly hidden in the blue bar near the top of the page ) but you may need a bit of patience to sift through it, or a Google search will be more direct as it will probably guide you to the answer on this forum anyway.

I'm glad its a simple fix though :thumb:

Kelv.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Alright no need to be rude about it was just asking a question if you not got anything better to do then leave sarcy comments on pages you lead a very sad life. Thank you jagn for your reply
I think to put this in perspective this ID46 chip comes up about twice a month :D and the people who have been members for ages get a bit Miffed that it will come up via google or a search on the Forum but new members do not seem to search for the answer I find the search facility on this forum a bit difficult to use to find the needed answers at times after about two years on here :eek: before starting anything to do with my car I will ask on here first get the relevant advice and then carry out the Job

the members on here are a great bunch of guys and girls and will help you no end but we are all here as volunteers :) and we all like to keep it as polite as possible

1 - 7 of 7 Posts