Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

if I got a key fob from ebay could i get it re programmed to fit my car if so how ?? or cheapest way of course ! :thumb:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Hi All

if I got a key fob from ebay could i get it re programmed to fit my car if so how ?? or cheapest way of course ! :thumb:
Yes if it was new , had a chip inside and a virgin transponder then you would need your transponder code and pp2000 diagnostics ,
but i haven`t seen a virgin fob ever on ebay.:nono:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes if it was new , had a chip inside and a virgin transponder then you would need your transponder code and pp2000 diagnostics ,
but i haven`t seen a virgin fob ever on ebay.:nono:
I got mine from eBay too ( perrysmotorsalesltd ), they didnt have my key listed (they had the 3 button one) but when I mailed them they sent the right one. (with my VIN supplied they cut the key too ;) not to bad for £73, well that was the cheepist i could find.

Be careful about which remote key you buy, it appears there have been at least 3 different types so far for the 307.

A dealer will charge around £70 to program the key to your car, but if you find some one with PP close to you they will help for much less I am sure.

·
Registered
24 Posts
the key i am getting looks the same as my key fob 2 button !? i just need to get the blank cut ! ? :eek:
there are 3 aspects to getting a new key for a 307.

1. the physical key cutting of the new blade.
2. the transponder code to start the engine, which needs to be the correct code and then matching to the car's ECU.
3. the key fob needs to be matched to the cars ECU to open the doors.

1. Almost any key shop will be able to assist with this
2. you need a dealer or some one with planet peugeot to do this, AND the correct code, if you dont have a record of that, bettyswollcks can assist using the vin, for a small fee.
3. same as 2, not sure if martin(bettyswollocks can obtain the codes for this?)

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
there are 3 aspects to getting a new key for a 307.

1. the physical key cutting of the new blade.
2. the transponder code to start the engine, which needs to be the correct code and then matching to the car's ECU.
3. the key fob needs to be matched to the cars ECU to open the doors.

1. Almost any key shop will be able to assist with this
2. you need a dealer or some one with planet peugeot to do this, AND the correct code, if you dont have a record of that, bettyswollcks can assist using the vin, for a small fee.
3. same as 2, not sure if martin(bettyswollocks can obtain the codes for this?)
Yes mate i have all codes :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
So keys on ebay are the right type i have a key re done by a guy who cut keys in the local high street but before they re chip the new key they need the key code that came with the car it should be a credit card size piece of plastic in your manual they need to see it before they can re programme it hope this helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts