Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all i have read post but can not find my answer to this here goes i own a copy of planet

i have got a 308 2012 i only have 1 key but would like a spare key my key that i have works fine remote key for my car i want another remote key i will buy the keycode from bettyswollocks on here but its says that i have to programme both keys at the same time for it to work but it also says that you can not programme a key that is already programmed to the car ie my key that i use now so does this mean that i have to buy 2 new keys for the car or just programme the new one and the old one i already have will just keep working as does now please help asap has need this sorting out thanks in advance......ian

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
hi all i have read post but can not find my answer to this here goes i own a copy of planet

i have got a 308 2012 i only have 1 key but would like a spare key my key that i have works fine remote key for my car i want another remote key i will buy the keycode from sweatybollocks on here but its says that i have to programme both keys at the same time for it to work but it also says that you can not programme a key that is already programmed to the car ie my key that i use now so does this mean that i have to buy 2 new keys for the car or just programme the new one and the old one i already have will just keep working as does now please help asap has need this sorting out thanks in advance......ian
you can not reprogram a used key to another car but you when you program a new key to your car you need to do the same procedure to the working key you have there because if you dont it will stop working

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have thinked about this myself, but i coded new key for a Partner from 2003 one month ago i then used the old on and the the new one both programmed via diagbox and both worked after coding.
I think it just reads the old key and confirm that it is still there and then code in the new key, i cant say that its the case for all cars but i had no problem.

I also wonder about the price for key code in the peugot dealership, here Peugot key code is 60£ and the Citroen is 12£ thats a big difference.

G

·
0 Posts
When you code a new key, the car 'forgets' all the keys it currently has and just learns the new one - so if you have 2 keys ( 1 old and 1 new ) you will need to reprogram them both as 'new' keys, as the old key has been 'forgotten' - if you catch my drift?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

i have got a 308 2012 i only have 1 key but would like a spare key my key that i have works fine remote key for my car i want another remote key i will buy the keycode from sweatybollocks on here but its says that i have to programme both keys at the same time for it to work but it also says that you can not programme a key that is already programmed to the car ie my key that i use now so does this mean that i have to buy 2 new keys for the car or just programme the new one and the old one i already have will just keep working as does now please help asap has need this sorting out thanks in advance......ian
bettyswollocks may not like you calling him Sweatybollocks! He probably got that loads back in school :D:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts