Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a flat battery and correct soft bsi reboot everything works apart from remote central locking. Tried two more reboots still no joy. Checked all fuses and locking works from console switch - somewhat annoying so considering a brand new key

key learning procedure doesn't read that difficult and the instructions don't say that you need peugeot planet to do this

Can any one confirm does key learning procedure work without fancy diagnostic equipment or not.

PP or diagbox is available but don't really want to buy if not necessary.

If my great idea of a new key is wrong what's the answer ?:)

G

·
0 Posts
Hi, welcome.

You only need Planet to configure a new transponder chip inside the key so it can be recognised by the transponder/immobiliser/ECU to start the car, otherwise the handbook should say how to re-sync the remote locking in event of failure ( dead battery etc )

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks folks, rebooted bsi again and and again but no change, as before all ok but no central locking or alarm setting from fob.

Me thinks bsi corrupted when battery went dead, that can't be good news ?

I guess bsi is vehicle specific and it will require trip to pug dealer along with my credit card ;)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
If your locking works with the key manually but the remote fob is the problem you need to resynch the fob or maybe the fob battery is flat :) search for the fob synching procedure

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello I have same problem with my 406 I have looked in owners manual followed procedure for resetting remote but its not working wish I never changed battery now :-(

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
synch procedure from my 307 manual

turn off ignition
switch ignition on again (do not start the engine)
immediately press the lock button on the fob
Switch off ignition and remove the key. The remote control should now work.

Repeat for any additional keys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts