Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 keys that the car came with, 1st one unlocks and starts the engine and 2nd only unlocks door. When I try to start the engine in gives an error. This key belongs to the car but it's probably gone out of sync.

The problem that I have is that I don't have the confidential card that the previous owner should of had.

On th diagbox when you go into BSI, under learning it says that you need that code.

Is there a way that you can pun any code in and learn the 2 keys again ?

Also, does anyone know why it would go out of sync and why if unlocks the car but doesn't start the engine? :confused:

·
Registered
684 Posts
There are 2 separate chips in the key, one for the central locking which is part of the printed circuit and can only be programmed once and is not interchangeable at all. The 2nd chip is for the immobiliser and that also can only be programmed once, but the difference being you can fit a new chip to your key and programme that but it will only start the car but wont work the central locking, This is mainly used for programming key from other cars like the ones sold on eBay. Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
684 Posts
You could try to take the chip out of the one that starts the car and put it in the one that opens the doors by remote you should have one working key.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Bettyswollocks on this forum can get you the keycode for a few quid ,, try a PM and the second key may be just an access key for the door without id46 chip

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not that desperate to get the second key fully working as I have 1 working one. I was just asking if there's a way of doing it via diagbox/pp2000 without spending any additional money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts