Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, got car with only one key (not remote). Bought secondhand one off ebay. Changed transponder, cut new blade, car starts, great.
Have PP, went through key learning procedure, ok. cannot get remote to work. Checked the circuit board in remote, it is 73373067c which I think is the wrong one as I have fogs. But as I only have one key I can change the key type in PP, I select the key type the options are:
Previous type without fogs,
Previous type with fogs
New type w/o fogs
New type with fogs.
It says new type was introduced in 2006, so mine being 2004 it's the previous type.
I then go to setup the new key, it asks for 4 digit code, then says take key out, put new key in, then learns key. All ok.
After it learns the key, it gives me a screen that instructs how to programme the remote. Tried a hundred times, no joy.
What am I doing wrong?? Put new battery in remote. and place I bought it from says it was tested before sale.
Please, is there anyone out there who can help me? Any Martin at all...
:D

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
send it back and request a refund...if you paid by paypal...stick a resolution request in to get your money back...class it as a faulty item ;)

you can find "virgin" keys on net for cheap...once you do they can be used. its just already coded ones you cant. :thumb:

·
Registered
21 Posts
circuit board

Does anyone know the manufacturer/part number for the ic(chip) on the circuit board?

If they are a universal chip and not one produced solely for peugeot key fobs i'm thinking msybe i can source a new chip and replace the old ones then they will effectively be virgin remote key fob circuits that can be programmed.

C

·
0 Posts
Does anyone know the manufacturer/part number for the ic(chip) on the circuit board?

If they are a universal chip and not one produced solely for peugeot key fobs i'm thinking msybe i can source a new chip and replace the old ones then they will effectively be virgin remote key fob circuits that can be programmed.
I've spent a fair bit of time trying to find chips that will fit the remote boards but can't so far, can get basic loose chips for non remote keys cheap enough.
If you find some please let me know where you get them!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have spent some time trying to locate them too. hence asking on here if anyone has had any luck. If i do manage to locate them i will surely let you know.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
No i would think not unfortunately.
The ident on the peugeot chip is E186M-KF27. no searches reveal any data sheets for the chip so i assume it is a custom chip produced for peugeot.
I know from the markings on the chip it was made by toshiba in japan but other than that i dont know.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NOOOOOOOOO.
:bang:SH1T.
I suppose now I have to buy the whole key from dealer! Not just the circuit board. :tantrum:
Ok, bought a new fob with new circuit board and transponder (46 pounds from Hickleys). Made sure I got the right one (checked VIN etc). Put old blade and transponder into it, set up key in PP, remote still wont work :confused:
Changed battery, still wont work :mad:.
Please someone help, am i missing something in PPlanet?
Could there be some other problem? (Com2000?)
Can someone walk through the steps in PP please?
Am getting desperate now.
As always, thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm in a similar situation. Have you solved the problem?

I suppose you should try to code the new transponder chip, then synchronise the new board with its original chip.

I think the original ID46 chip have additional info regarding the board. An used PCB cannot be used since a new chip will not have this info... - does it makes sense?

·
Registered
21 Posts
When I had a problem with remote locking not working the pp2000 sorted it straight out. Just followed the instructions in planet for learning the keys and programmed x2 that now work perfectly, for remote locking that is.

The transponder which is for starting the car is a completely seperate thing and not part of the circuit board in the key.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I also coded complete new keys with no problem. Both transponder and PCB were new, and I was able to successfully synchronise the remote.

I also coded an used key, on the same care it was previously coded (it was "lost" due to Peugeot technician that coded a new key without adding the old one, too).

My question is related tot the remote PCB only - if I'll have a new PCB (never synchronised with a BSI), could I syncronise it with a key that has another transponder then the original one it was sold with?

It's a fact that an used remote PCB cannot be re-synchronised with another car, even if the transponder chip was replaced and coded to the car. So I assume there are two possibilities:
- synchronisation process writes something to the PCB
- there is a match between the original transponder and the PCB and a PCB will work only with the original transponder (even if they are separate parts within the fob).

Do you know for sure which of these two is the right one?

·
Registered
1 Posts
manu, I'm in the same situation of not being able to program the remote: (you've got to find something? have 3 pcb and no program.

thks

I also coded complete new keys with no problem. Both transponder and PCB were new, and I was able to successfully synchronise the remote.

I also coded an used key, on the same care it was previously coded (it was "lost" due to Peugeot technician that coded a new key without adding the old one, too).

My question is related tot the remote PCB only - if I'll have a new PCB (never synchronised with a BSI), could I syncronise it with a key that has another transponder then the original one it was sold with?

It's a fact that an used remote PCB cannot be re-synchronised with another car, even if the transponder chip was replaced and coded to the car. So I assume there are two possibilities:
- synchronisation process writes something to the PCB
- there is a match between the original transponder and the PCB and a PCB will work only with the original transponder (even if they are separate parts within the fob).

Do you know for sure which of these two is the right one?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi all,
Yes I did sort this out a long time ago, I thought I updated this thread, guess I was wrong.
Anyway the problem was I was telling PP that I only wanted to programme one key, but it was already programmed as the key without remote. When I requested to programme two keys, I put the old, non remote key in first, then put the new key/fob in second, it worked fine.
It took me ages to figure it out (along with handfuls of hair).
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,
Yes I did sort this out a long time ago, I thought I updated this thread, guess I was wrong.
Anyway the problem was I was telling PP that I only wanted to programme one key, but it was already programmed as the key without remote. When I requested to programme two keys, I put the old, non remote key in first, then put the new key/fob in second, it worked fine.
It took me ages to figure it out (along with handfuls of hair).
Hope this helps.
Hi elted,

I'm about to buy a blank key from Hickleys as you did and just phoned the technician who usually services my 307. According to him in order to programme the keys with planet, we need a certain code and apparently I would have to buy that code separately. The code alone will cost me almost the equiv of £100. Is this what you had to do?

Thx

C

·
0 Posts
Dealers charge £25ish but Betty's cheap:D

Sent from my ARCHOS 80 COBALT using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 26 Posts