Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just bought a 2006 307s. The spare key remote does not work, it unlocks the doors manually but when in the ignition does not turn. What do I need to do? I do not have any codes either:nono:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Check inside of case for a transponder chip, its a little black chip inside the case, usually in the corner.....

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
you say "it doesnt turn" does that mean the key will not physically turn to get to position I or II?

does the key have buttons? do they work?

i think the keys need the batterys to work properly, although im not sure if the key is passive (battery not needed) like mine, to get the immo code to the immo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the key will not even turn to I or II in the ignition. It does have bottons, lock and unlock. These do not work. The key opens the doors manually though. Thanks in advance for all help.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
hmmm... that is a wierd one. normally if the key is not immo coded it will still let you turn, just not turn the engine on.

have a go at replacing the battery inside the fob (if you can get into it) and pairing the key to the car again...procedure should be found really easy. im not sure of the procedure myself.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Are the grooves that are cut into the side of each key blade identical, if not they have given you the key to another one of their cars. I have 2 keys, one does not work via the buttons but will unlock & start the car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for help, will try new battery. It's odd as the key opens the door so it should be the right key.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Poorly cut keys from Timpson etc have a habit , so i was told by them when i enquired about a key , of opening the door but not working in the ignition. That is why they no longer attempt to cut the Peugeot key due to these problems. That was from the Sheffield Timpsons.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Checked the other key and this works in door and ignition. Both are original keys as far as they look, ie both a bit worm on the fob. Not sure what to do?:confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Right, I am going in the right direction. Key now manually opens the door and starts car. However, remote locking still not working :nono: new battery and still not working. Tried to reset by turning key in ignition, holding lock for 10 seconds and then taking out and waiting another 10 seconds but still no luck. Any idea's :confused:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Right, I am going in the right direction. Key now manually opens the door and starts car. However, remote locking still not working :nono: new battery and still not working. Tried to reset by turning key in ignition, holding lock for 10 seconds and then taking out and waiting another 10 seconds but still no luck. Any idea's :confused:
Hi, try synchronising again, it should work

1 - 20 of 20 Posts