Peugeot Forums banner

Key not turning in door lock

6K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Kellz101 
#1 ·
I only have the spare key for my 307 (remote key was lost many years ago) and therefore have to use the manual door lock to open my car, however when trying to open it today the lock will only turn anticlockwise to lock but will not turn clockwise at all.

No amount of jiggling or WD-40 seems to have helped, does anyone know how to fix this lock or get into the car without it? Only the drivers door has a key hole

#2 · (Edited)
So a little update:

After learning some car thief tactics I managed to break in by hitting the lock button on the dash, which unlocked all doors but the drivers.
The drivers door opens from the inside and unlocks, but doesn't unlock with the central locking (it locks though)
As soon as I opened the drivers door the key lock freed and now turns in both directions, unlocking has no effect, locking deadlocks the car, trapping my tester inside (thank God for mechanical rear windows) turning on the ignition freed them.

This all seems a little strange, the car was working fine yesterday, the only thing I can think could have caused this is I activated cruise control in PP2000, could this have caused all the issues and does anyone know how I could fix it?

Edit: This may or may not be related/paranoia but I've noticed that opening the drivers door no longer causes the mileage to be displayed on the dashboard, I may be imagining this but I thought it always came on when you opened it
Also: The car is not beeping if the key is in the ignition and the drivers door is opened

#3 ·
Did you disconnect your Lexia cable properly? Its possible it was removed too soon (ignition still on or Planet not closed properly) and caused some sort of glitch.

As for keys, you should never rely on just having one. Fellow member Trustme is a locksmith and does them at great prices.

#4 ·
I'm fairly sure I'd closed planet before disconnecting, but the ignition may have still been on, I didn't pay much attention to it (so maybe that's what caused it). I haven't had much time since I managed to "break in" to properly look at it, so I intend to get the door panel off over the weekend to sanity check it all to make sure nothing obvious is amiss.

The car seems to not know the drivers door is open so an initial thought is maybe some connection to the door actuator was severed during my break in attempt or some WD-40 got where it shouldn't have

I've spoken to trustme about getting my confidential code to program a new key, it's on the list of "to-dos"

#5 ·
I would check the interior light comes on when the drivers door is opened.

If it doesn't then check the operation of the door latch switch which tells the BSI unit the status of the door & latch.

The switch is built in to the latch / lock motor.

#7 ·
You would need a wiring diagram to see which pins / wires on the multi plug are for the switch.

If the BSI unit cant detect the switch on the door latch it will have no idea if the door is open / shut etc or the status of the door.

#9 ·
Got the panel off today, the actuator looks fine and taking all the levers off and pulling them manually is leading to the "desired" result, so I'm fairly sure that's fine. Door barrel has stuck again and is not turning very well, leading me to believe its pretty broken, I'll be off to a scrappy probably to obtain a new door lock, ignition barrel and fuel filler cap (and key!)

#10 ·
So I finally got round to replacing the locks, new ignition, door lock and fuel filler, also got my confidential code and programmed a new key in, however this key no matter what I do seems to operates the central locking remotely, I've followed the syncing steps and even a BSI reset but no joy, the key starts the car fine though. I can hear a faint click from around the BSI when I press the lock button, but nothing seems to happen, anyone got any ideas?

#12 ·
Checked the fuses, both were ok, I'm beginning to wonder if I bought the wrong type of key, the key I have has the battery on the circuit board which sounds like its a newer type and possibly not compatible with older cars

#13 ·
New key arrived today and programmed to the car no problem, guess I've just learnt a £10 lesson to check thoroughly the key you order is compatible with your car! For my car in particular (2005 facelift) it was the flip key with the battery not on the circuit board (CE0536) and ASK modulation, (though apparently it was a while before they changed it to FSK) (308 era), at least the car is all working now, locking, unlocking and starting, cheers for your help everyone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.