Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day All,

So I bought my 307 (307 Sport Year=06 HDi 1.6) in October last year and the seller pulled a fast one selling "2" remote keys, 1 works fine but I want a second in case anything happens to the first.

The second key apparently isn't giving out a signal, as such I bought another key off eBay with the circuit board it has the ID46 433Mhz 2 button and battery on the fob not the circuit board (same as the working key).

I its not programmed and did so thinking I could do it myself but when attempting to do so I get "Electronic anti-theft faulty" and the key wont program. I'm following bettyswollocks instructions in another post which were

key in ignition and turn to Acc position ,
hold in lock button on fob for ten seconds ,
turn car off and get out ,(take bloody key with you)
hit lock button on fob ,

I've done my best to research key programming but think I am missing something that may be obvious. Is programming the central locking different to programming the transponder/immobilizer or are they the same thing.

How do I program this new key, if they are separate do I have to do the transponder first or does it not matter and I just bought myself a faulty key?

I am happy to buy Peugeot planet to get this fixed if needs be but not 100% on a trustworthy source of getting it nor am I just wanting to get it just to find its not going to fix my issue.

If someone's willing to help it really would be greatly appreciated, likewise If someone relatively close to me and the only way to fix it if to use Peugeot planet I ask if they could help program it (if there's a feel just let me know how much)

Sorry for the lengthy post but I just didn't want to leave any possible relevant information out. (If the key codes are needed I have those too)

Kind regards,
Liam

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whereabouts are you?

Does the key work in the ignition (ie. does it start the car)?
Hey, thanks for your reply.

I live in a town called Skipton, (north Yorkshire) which is why i think there's likely no-one near me :(,

The key is cut for the car and can be turned to acc just doesn't turn over to idle etc. Likely due to it not having the transponder/immobilizer programmed :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it well, Otley born and bred, work in Guiseley, live near Shipley, passed my driving test in Skipton :)

I've got PP2000 if you need any help
That would be amazing actually,

I'm definitely up for trying PP2000. It's just I'm not sure if the key physically is the issue or it just not being programmed (my knowledge isn't great on this subject).

Its my first time doing this sort of thing so i'm nervous id be wasting your time is all. Would you like me to come to you? if so when would be preferable? would you be able to program it for me? would you like anything in exchange for your help?

Again thank you :)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
To program the chip to start the car, you will need the 4 digit code that is supplied with a new car and PP2000.

As for getting the remote locking to work with an ebay key, good luck! Let us know if you succeed.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
It's up to you - if I were to go to Skipton then Tuesday is the only day I can go through, but you're more than welcome to come to me if that helps you.

If it's a dodgy key, then you're back to square one. You might need the key code - if you've got it, then great. If not, you might need to purchase a new code. There are a couple of members on here that can provide you with a new code for a small fee.

But it might be worth just trying the key first and seeing if we can get it working.

All I'd ask for is a small donation to Bliss (charity for supporting premature babies and their families) using the link in the signature at the bottom of my posts.

I'll PM you my number if that's easier?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think you can't program remote without firstly programming immobilizer.

Imagine everyone just programming the key like that to every car, there are security concerns.

I successfully programmed key bought on eBay for $20, remote works, starting the car works.

Only thing that does not work with that key is closing windows, but considering the price, I don't care.

Maybe there is something else that needs to be done for the windows that I don't know.

·
Registered
14,625 Posts
As above the bettyswollox instructions are for RESYNCING a key that is already programmed

If your NEW key is used IE it was used on a different car it cannot be programmed to your car.

If it is NEW it first needs coded to the immobiliser THEN you sync it to the car

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think you can't program remote without firstly programming immobilizer.

Imagine everyone just programming the key like that to every car, there are security concerns.

I successfully programmed key bought on eBay for $20, remote works, starting the car works.

Only thing that does not work with that key is closing windows, but considering the price, I don't care.

Maybe there is something else that needs to be done for the windows that I don't know.
Any chance of a link or sellers name of the key that you were able to get working. Thanks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
These RF keyfob things are a real puzzle, I still ain't sorted mine yet but making progress.

Anyway, here's some basic thoughts.

1. Does the key in question car start the car?
yes = transponder is ok
no = transponder needs programming to match vehicle, need PP2000

After replacing the 3V battery in the fob, the first step is to "re-sync" it to the vehicle which seems to be that basic, keyin, ign on, press lock btn for 10 sec etc.
That process "should" do the job, if not then its time for a mystery tour.

2. Do you have another key that does operate the central locking remotely? (the button on the fob). That should prove the vehicle's system does work when it receives the correct signal.
If it does, it shows the key in question is at fault.

If the RF link is at fault, time for some head scratching.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Any chance of a link or sellers name of the key that you were able to get working. Thanks.
Unfortunately, that seller is not selling anything any-more. I bought the key and the end of the 2015, but I got it working only few weeks ago.

The battery had poor contact with electronics and that's why I could not get it working in the first place.

I accidentally figured that out when I wanted to use key housing for my original key, and when I put my electronic in it, it stopped working.

It never occurred to me that the contact is bended and not touching the electronic properly.

I would look for seller with good feedback, and with 433MHz. Also, there is some label on the key, CE0536.

This is all assuming you have 307 facelift.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts