Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 plate Peugeot 307 SW 110HDi. I'm located just outside Durham City, UK.

It's being a little bit temperamental with the key, CDL, BCU, clock and seems to reset to factory mode every time I restart the car.

So, background and history:- I was having key issues when the key started losing contact with the car. It was falling apart anyway and was being held together with gaffa tape and occasionally refused to start with the error message "Anti-Theft faulty" but oddly, removing he key, turned it around and restarting usually worked but as it was an inherent peugeot key fault I followed advice here. so, off I plumped to Timpsons got a new key cut and transferred the guts over and with the new key the CDL started working off the buttons (they never did with the old key) but the car was in eco mode and refused to start. Recharged the battery, still stuck in eco still refused to start.

So, called the AA, nothing on diagnostics and suspected fuel problems but through a process of elimination, checked and messed about with fuses and tricked car out of eco mode (which reset all the car parameters to 1st Jan 2003 12:00) the anti theft fault flashed up (very briefly) on screen. If you weren't looking for it you missed it. Concluded problem was key and car had lost coding.

So called locksmith. £170 lighter and another new key, programmed to car and it now runs!!! That's the good news!

Now here is the problem. CDL doesn't operate on either the buttons or turning the key, the key only releases the drivers door manually. Internally if the front doors are locked you can't unlock them from inside but you can the rear ones (!) and the Centre console CDL button is inoperative as is the radio, lights etc. In every respect The car is completely dead.

When I turn on the ignition and start the engine all car parameters are reset to factory default and date time is 1st Jan 2003 12:00. Car central console lock button only then will operate the CDL. Now the clincher - if I take the key out of the ignition and open the drivers door, all the doors lock so to get around that I have to open drivers door with the engine running then when the doors lock press the console unlock button. Take the key out the ignition everything shuts down and CDL no longer works. Lights, radio etc won't power up. When I then put the key back in the ignition the car will start but everything has reset to factory again.

Clearly there is an issue with the car dropping into factory default so I suspect the BCU. I have tried the correct BCU reset wake up process several times but the lights won't turn on until the ignition is turned on and the car started. What I am interested in is what the AA guy did with the fuse box to trick the car out of eco mode in awe that hasn't been rectified or has blown a relay or worse a crucial circuit board.

Any suggestions before I invest in someone who has lexia and planet?

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
The BCU is actually a BSI and your AA friend never tricked it into getting out of economy mode he simply removed and replaced a power supply.

He may have moved the shunt fuse to the wrong place.

The remote locking or CDL as your calling it needs programmed in when key is programmed BUT there is more than 1 flavour of key you may have the wrong type both types can be coded into cars immobiliser system but only the correct type will program into central locking.

Most peugeots will only open the drivers door with the key thats probably normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trouble with being a railway employee is autocorrect is putting railway terminology in! XD

Yes indeed the BCU is supposed to read BSI (a BCU is a brake Control Unit on a Siemens Desiro!) and CDL is short for Central Door Locking, but you got the jist of what I was on about at least ;-)

I'm not worried about the key buttons not operating the main door locks as long as it at least works when I turn the key which is what it was doing until the BSI started throwing a wobbly with the old key.

So I'll start with checking the earths and fuse boxes. Suggestion where I can find fuse box schematics? I'll assume there is a haynes manual available but anything available on line?

·
5,669 Posts
Also have the battery checked as if you have a duff cell making voltage drop when starting etc it resets time on display and often gives a bong when starting.

As above with the key if they programmed a new transponder and then swapped the circuit board into new key remote will never work as its coded to the original transponder ID and cannot be changed

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Best to get the battery load tested and then ensure it is fully charged. Then with the engine running check to see if the alternator is charging the battery correctly voltage wise. When confirmed that side is ok do a BSI rest IAW the procedure listed in this forum. Then report what is still not working and we can go from there knowing the basics are in place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts