Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was driving to the girls house parked outside the door and went to lock the car the key remote and would not lock so I opened the drivers door and closed it and still would not lock, something made think to start the car so I did and the car would not start I was starting to panic so I pulled the key out and with the drivers door closed with me in it I pressed the key and the car locked I opened it again and tried the start the car and it started so I thought I would leave the car open as it was right outside so I kept a eye on it, when I was going home the car started fine got home parked up I locked the car, started today fine and tonight when I was at the girls house the car would not lock again so I tried to start the car and it would not start so again I locked the car and opened it again and the car started, ive ran it on the computer just now and no codes or faults any ideas?

I think maybe my keys battery is going flat? or would my key reader be faulty?

maybe I pull the key out to quick and the bsi thinks the key is still in place?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Mine does this if I leave something plugged into the fag lighter with the engine off.

It sounds bizarre I know but I've learnt from it.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that right I have been using a dash camera for 3 weeks now and I leave it plugged in and its only starting to do this the last 2 days I will remove the plug before I switch off the car and see if it stops.

I wonder how that makes the car not lock or start when its plugged in ?

did yours starting to do it for long? and how did you find out it was the cig lighter? :D

·
Registered
437 Posts
Mine didn't do it for the first 2 years of ownership. It started after I replaced the alternator. I tried several BSI reboots without success and then I twigged that it was happening each time I used the sat nav.

It seems to have something to do with the BSI as it only causes me a problem once the car goes to sleep (3 minutes I think it is).

Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts